Re: Who wants to marry a multi-millionaire seiyuu?

to seiyuu@ML.usagi.org
from Squeechie <boner@mail.utexas.edu>
subject Re: Who wants to marry a multi-millionaire seiyuu?
date Tue, 29 Feb 2000 23:53:44 -0600
also I believe that 2 million is above the 20% mark...
so thats at least 500K per year before taxes...

but I think what the point was...  there is financial security...
and then there is $$$FINANCIAL$$$ security...  for the layman
(myself included)  2 mil means I can start a religion where I burn
a $50 everyday and still live comfortably for teh rest of my life...
however a person that has 2 mil probably knows how to spend
such a sum quite easily...

but thats by American celebrity standards I guess...  how thrifty
are Japanese seiyuu?...  comparatively to their salary

At 10:34 AM 2/29/2000 -0800, you wrote:
>> > 200 million yen is only 2 million dollars..
>> > not much by today's standards.
>>
>> Not enough to retire on right now, but a decent start on a nest egg that
>> would pretty much guarantee your financial security in your old age.
>
>Are you kidding?  If you start with 2 million and invest it in a mixture
>of stocks, bonds, mutual funds, and US Treasuries you should get about
>7-8% return (before taxes).  I can live quite fine on 140-160K / year.
>This also doesn't draw down the principal, so you can go on like this
>until you die (or until a major recession/depression).
>
>Jeff

Search field Search string

archive list

unauthorized access prohibited