Re: Iizuka Mayumi

to seiyuu@ML.usagi.org
from KAGAMI <kagami@plato-net.or.jp>
subject Re: Iizuka Mayumi
date Sat, 04 Dec 1999 05:25:15 +0900
Hitoshi Doi <doi@win.ne.jp> さんは書きました:
>Chris Rowley <sf6nc@scfn.thpl.lib.fl.us> wrote:
>|
>|      I was wondering if anybody on this list could point me in the right
>| direction, to find the latest CD of Iizuka Mayumi? She is so kawaii!
>
>According to the magazine I got at Animate,
>Iizuka Mayumi sings (or talks) on the album
>"Triangle Session 99 Vocal Mini-Album" which went on sale 11/25.
>I have no idea what this album is about..

If you're ordering from Tokyo Pop, I'm gonna guess you're in the U.S.?

I've had good experience with both www.cdjapan.co.jp and www.towerrecords.co.jp
for Japan->U.S. orders.

Both have English and Japanese pages. (Although in Tower's case, within-Japan
ordering is done in the Japanese section and shipping to foreign addresses is
done in the English section.  CD Japan can do either in both.)

Here's a direct link for a search in "iizuka" in the English search section of
CD Japan:

http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/cgi-bin/dsearch.cgi?volume=1000&genre=NSa&key=iizuka&ct
=40

(There don't seem to be any other Iizuka's besides Mayumi :)

That Triangle Session '99 is listed, as well as misc others and some music video
DVD's as well.

One thing to note about CD Japan is, when you first sign up for an account, they
mail you your initial username/password in plain-text email... you'll probably
want to go back to the site and change that afterwards.

I've only ordered from Tower Records once, but I got it shipped from Japan to
Texas in less than 24 hours at normal shipping price. ^^;; Just lucky timing
with UPS I guess...
Tower's ordering process in general is very friendly, although it doesn't have
the search system integtrated with the ordering system, so you have to figure
out what you want first (from Tower's site or elsewhere) and then copy catalog
numbers & titles into the order form.

Shipping from Japan to U.S. is higher than within U.S. from Tokyo Pop of course,
but Tokyo Pop (and most other US stores) markup is so high that it cancels out
and costs about the same unless you're only ordering one item.

c ya

--
KAGAMI (D. Scott Miller) ICQ UIN: 2121863 / kagami@plato-net.or.jp
Now Playing: Wonder Project J(SFC)