Re: Keiko Toda on TV

to seiyuu@ML.usagi.org
from Joe Petrow <joepet@SDF.lonestar.org>
subject Re: Keiko Toda on TV
date Fri, 10 Sep 1999 19:17:37 -0500 (CDT)
On Wed, 8 Sep 1999, Kevin Lew - 'The Lai-Lai Boy' wrote:

> On Wed, 8 Sep 1999, Joe Petrow wrote:
>
> > Anyway, the tests were to try and tell the difference between:
> >
> >    The sounds of a $75,000 flute and a normal one.
> >    The taste of a $2,000 German dessert wine and a $15 bottle.
> >    The walk of a supermodel and a woman who's never modelled before.
> >    The taste of a soup made with rare matsutake mushrooms from instant.
> >
> > She got the flute and the soup right, but missed the wine and the walk.
> > She claimed that the $2000 wine smelled like a drunken salaryman...(^_^;)
> > So she ended up as a "Level 2 geinojin"
>
> Given the laws of probability, couldn't most people be a Level 2 geinojin
> without even appearing on the show?

It's entertainment.  It's fun watching famous people mess up and be so
arrogant about it, only to found out they were wrong...

> In any case, I sort of doubt the authenticity of those tests.
>    The price of a flute won't make a bit of difference in the sound unless
> you can play like some musical prodigy.

Actually, they did have a musical prodigy playing it.  The contestants sat
in an adjacent room and listened to the sound that came from it.

BTW, I could definitely tell there was a difference.  I just couldn't tell
which was "better"  (^_^;)

> When the hell did Germany become famous for their
> wineries?  Beer, maybe.  But wine?!

German rascism!  Michael, sic 'em!  (^_^)

Joe Petrow
joepet@sdf.lonestar.org
http://sdf.lonestar.org/~joepet

Search field Search string