Re: Seb Happy

to seiyuu@ML.usagi.org
from Joe Petrow <joepet@SDF.lonestar.org>
subject Re: Seb Happy
date Sun, 1 Aug 1999 17:09:13 -0500 (CDT)
On Mon, 2 Aug 1999 arashi@gol.com wrote:

> At 18:25 99/07/31 -0500, you wrote:
> > Even though I haven't been to a Hisakawa Aya event in over a year and a
> > half now, she still send me a postcard last week congratulating me on my
> > wedding.
> >
> > My wife was less than thrilled.  (-_-)
>
> Look on the bright side... At least she didn't send a postcard cursing
> your wedding in a fit of jealous rage, ending with a plea for you to
> come back to her and "our son"... ^^
>
> _Then_ your wife would really be less than thrilled.

I'm sure her husband would be less than thrilled too!  (^_^;)

> > > People on this ML have an incredible track record with seiyuu...
> > > I wonder why. The gaijin factor can't possible account for all
> > > of it.
> > You just have to pick a more personable seiyuu.  I was very lucky, in that
>
> Actually, I've been really lucky with Hekiru too. So far, I've managed
> to have a 2 minute conversation with her at a concert, be pointed out at
> another one and be told "Thanks for coming all the time!", been the only
> fan to sing straight into her mike at a concert, and to be thanked
> indirectly at another concert for sending her a letter.
>
> I just don't have anything in writing! ^^;; (All the better to incriminate
> you with, my dear.)

Do you have anything recorded on MD?  It wouldn't be legal, but it's a
start!

> > I can't think of a seiyuu who's nicer to her fans than Aya (of course, she
> > can also be very cruel in a backhanded way, but that's usually over things
> > pertaining to her privacy, and don't affect her "good" fans...)
>
> Anyone has the right to be pissed off at fans that think the object
> of their idolization is simply a real walking talking anime character.

It's not that so much as the ones who "cross the line" and stalk her
during private times.  She related several stories like this at events and
on her radio shows, never once in a positive light.

> > BTW, on a train on the Yokosuka-line Friday, I saw an advertisement
> > talking about Hekiru's upcoming tour.  She was sort of half-sitting
> > half-kneeling on the floor, taking a picture of some rose petals on the
> > floor with an old camera.  Why she'd want a promotional picture that
> > doesn't even show her face is beyond me, but I guess that's the kind
> > of girl she is:  tought, straight, and without a clue.  (^_^;)
>
> Actually, if you think about it, she _is_ wearing a spaghetti strap
> red camisol which shows a lot of leg... so in a sense you could say
> that she did get a clue. -_-

So...the clue is that she has a great body, and that she would be popular
with the masses if she just put a sack over her face?  (^_^;)

Joe Petrow
joepet@sdf.lonestar.org
http://sdf.lonestar.org/~joepet

Search field Search string