Re: Stuntman of Voice Luggar

to seiyuu@ML.usagi.org
from "Kevin Lew - 'The Lai-Lai Boy'" <kasumi@eden.com>
subject Re: Stuntman of Voice Luggar
date Wed, 23 Jun 1999 10:39:54 -0500 (CDT)
On Wed, 23 Jun 1999, Hitoshi Doi wrote:

> Oh, I gave Kevin the remaining Voicelugger episodes,
> so maybe he can do summaries someday. (^_^;)

I think that you missed episode #5.  Because I think that I got only
episodes #6-12.  I think that this is right because in the episode that I
just saw, they are already discussing some new storyline.

I was very shocked to see that Android Pai somehow got rebuilt after
getting her head blown off.  I figured that she was some disposable
character but apparently they brought her back.  I guess that the fans
really liked her or something.

I don't know about you, but I just watched episode #6, and even trying to
make fun of it doesn't make it much better.  That is probably one of the
worst live-action episodes ever.  What was that about anyway?  Once the
lizard man starting to play that banjo, I figured that the writers must've
been smoking the ganja again.

Episode #7 was mildly better as they show just how stupified real life
Japanese are in some amusement parks.
   Akiko:     Minna-san!!  KON-NI-CHI-WA!!!!
   Audience:  Konnichiwa  <-- mumbling
   Akiko:     Eh?!  Mou ichidou... KON-NI-CHI-WA!!!!
   Audience:  Konnichiwa  <-- mumbling

It's just like in the Shinjuku Joypolis.  Don't ask those folks to say
"hello" prior to the assault in that awful Mission Q game.  They act like
they don't even know what language you're speaking.  The motto should be
"No Talk--All Action."  Just like a John Woo movie.
   Y'know, I think that they could cast these game players into a Gatorade
commercial.  Have some Japanese dude wearing one of those orange battle
suits screaming, "That's why they call it The Cage, baby!!"  (So, is it in
you?  ^o^)

--
Kevin "Grouchy Bear" Lew -- #1 Fan of Denko (Tokyo Denryoku): "Jan!"
   kasumi@eden.com   --=-=-=--   Don't mind the Lai-Lai Boy.  ^_^

Search field Search string

archive list

unauthorized access prohibited