Attn : Joe Monson

to "Seiyuu Mail" <seiyuu@ML.usagi.org>
from jarry.sebastien@lemel.fr (Sbastien Jarry)
subject Attn : Joe Monson
date Wed, 19 May 1999 10:00:51 +0200 (MET DST)
The 1999/05/11, Joe Monson wrote :

>I tried sending this to you via private email (jarry.sebastien@lemel.fr),
>but the message was returned.

Ah ? you writed my private mail correctly

>Do you know anything about this:
>
>La bergre et le ramoneur (The Shepherdess and the Chimneysweep) -- The
French animation classic by Paul Grimault, 1952.

No. Except (the name only) "Le Roi et l'Oiseau" (The King and the Bird), I
don't know about Paul Grimault's anime, and all French animation (except
them works with Japanese, as Jean Chalopin, who produce with Japanese
"Ulysses 31" and "The mysterious Cities of Gold" (or "Taiyou no ko
Esteban")).

>Are there any web sites devoted to this (in English, French, Japanese, or
>whatever language)?

This is some website I found for you :
          http://www.chez.com/feeclochette/Andersen/bergere.htm
          http://www.afca.asso.fr/animag/gen/bergere.htm

All of that are in French. Do you know French language. I read one article
about this anime : Paul Grimault and Jacques Prevert start to build this
anime in 1947. But, it's was a very long and expensive work. 4 years later,
the 2 mans decide to stop. Of course, the animation wasn't finish. In 1952,
a society buy all rights and after the broadcast in cinema's rooms, said
it's from Prevert and Grimault. But Grimault and Prevert don't want to
recognize it (!!!). But in 1967, Grimault re-buy all rights, finish the work
, and "Le Roi et l'Oiseau" was born.

Sebastien Jarry
"The French Seiyuu Otaking"
Amiens, the 1999/05/19