Re: Sega in trouble?

to seiyuu@ml.usagi.org
from Joe Petrow <joepet@gol.com>
subject Re: Sega in trouble?
date Sun, 2 May 1999 09:38:57 +0900 (JST)
On Sat, 1 May 1999, Michael Studte wrote:

> Now, they have announced that they are going fire a lot of people (English i
> s not my native tongue, so I don't know any other fancy words to use instead
>  of "firing people" ^_^)

The old PC term for it was "downsizing", although nowadays I think they
use "rightsizing" instead.

> , around 1000 employees will have to go within 1999.
>  Also, their business balance in March has red numbers, 45 billion yen to be
>  more exact..... (Jesus Christ!!!)
>
> The low Dreamcast sales really ruined things for Sega... People are just thi
> nking of the PlayStation 2 now, a machine which won't be out for ages! And t
> here haven't been any block-busting releases on the DC lately either... I'm
> just waiting for King of Fighters'99, which won't be out before June 10th!!

My wife keeps saying that the Toshiba chip for the Playstation2 will
become a real competitor in the computer market, and that Intel is running
scared.  Anyone know anything about this?

Joe Petrow
poyopoyo@gol.com

Search field Search string

archive list