Tobita Nobuo Re: (no subject)

to Clover47@aol.com, seiyuu@ml.usagi.org
from Kael <hanna@ids2.idsonline.com>
subject Tobita Nobuo Re: (no subject)
date Sun, 04 Apr 1999 20:00:27 -0400

Clover47@aol.com wrote:

>                 Heya
>      I'm looking for information on Tobita Noburo. All I know is he does a
> voice in Ah! Megami-sama, and is Tomo on Fushigi Yuugi and Pupuran on
> SailorMoonSuperS movie. If anybody has _ANY_ info on him, please tell me.
> Thanks ^.^
>   Clover

The name I have is Tobita Nobuo, and the other main thing I've seen that he's
in is Gundam Z, where he plays the main character, Camile Vidan. If you go to
http://www.win.ne.jp/~doi/seiyuu/seiyuu.html , scroll down to the bottom of
the page and enter his name in "database lookup" (NOT "individual seiyuu
lookup" - not every seiyuu in the database has their own page), you will get
an extensive list of roles for him.

Searching for Tobita Nobuo on AltaVista, I got 51 web pages, including the
following:

http://www.utdallas.edu/~berl5147/seiyuu2.html

This has pictures of some of the other characters played by Tobita Nobuo, but
unfortunately none of the seiyuu, himself.

Interestingly enough, I was just looking up a seiyuu from the credits of of
the US subtitled release of Kimera, Tobita Tatsuo, and found 5 web pages that
listed this name, rather than Tobita Nobuo, as the seiyuu for Tomo in Fushigi
Yuugi.

Then, I looked at a Tobita Nobuo site in japanese,
http://www.noppo.com/windom/T-mode/sdb/nobuo_t.htm , through the magic of
Shodouka ( http://www.shodouka.com/ ) and found the Kimera role listed, so
Tobita Nobuo and Tobita Tatsuo seem to be two different names for the same
person. I'm wondering if this is based on some misreading of his name kanji,
or if he really uses both names.

-Kael

Search field Search string

archive list