Re: Iijima Mari Japan Concerts & other info

to seiyuu@ml.usagi.org
from Dan Hollis <goemon@sasami.anime.net>
subject Re: Iijima Mari Japan Concerts & other info
date Thu, 4 Mar 1999 16:56:25 -0800 (PST)
On Fri, 5 Mar 1999, Joe Petrow wrote:
> On Thu, 4 Mar 1999, Dan Hollis wrote:
> : But they were never sung that way, not even in the evil english dubs.
> Exactly, which is why I'd like to hear it sung someday as it was
> "originally written"

I suspect that the "english lyrics" was only a snippet done for the movie
for effect. Sort of when Hikaru is being deployed in his fighter, the
controller talks to him in english and he replies in japanese ^_^

Full english lyrics for the song probably dont exist.

Besides, I like 'Tenshi no Enogu' better than 'ai, oboete masuka'. ^.^

> : I suspect that if Iijima Mari doesnt sing some macross songs at Fanimecon,
> : that the fans will go psychotic.
> I guess Fanimecon has gotten a lot bigger than the time I went in '96, to
> have gotten to the point where they host a concert.  I wonder what they are
> paying her?

Probably a lot less than if she were still a popular anime idol and living
in japan ^.^

-Dan

Search field Search string

archive list