Re: [event] Anime Kouhaku

to seiyuu@ml.usagi.org
from "Kevin Lew - 'The Lai-Lai Boy'" <kasumi@eden.com>
subject Re: [event] Anime Kouhaku
date Sun, 3 Jan 1999 22:23:09 -0600 (CST)
On Sun, 3 Jan 1999, Joe Petrow wrote:

> Sounds like quite a show.  I ended up watching the "real" Kouhaku on
> NHK New Year's Eve.  Amuro Namie came back fatter than ever, and cried
> so bad she couldn't finish "Can You Celebrate"  So it was no wonder
> that Wada Akiko smoked her.  She has an amazing voice.  Not to say
> that I like it, but I respect anyone who can sing to a hall that large
> without a mic...

Wow, I didn't even know that Amuro Namie is still singing songs.  She's
that fairly overrated girl that used to be part of the Jpop band, Max,
right?

> And I never knew that the NHK special ended 15 minutes before the New
> Year!  The next half hour is spent quietly going around to the
> countries temples and people's homes, asking them about the new year
> in as boring a fashion as possible.

I think that they must have done this for at least the past three years. I
have an old tape from '95 which features what's-her-name singing the first
opening song of Magic Knight Rayearth.  At the end, they had what you
described.  Maybe they should take Dick Clark's initiative and drop a
ball somewhere.

--
Kevin "Grouchy Bear" Lew -- #1 Fan of Denko (Tokyo Denryoku): "Jan!"
   kasumi@eden.com   --=-=-=--   Don't mind the Lai-Lai Boy.  ^_^

Search field Search string

archive list

unauthorized access prohibited