Re: DVDs on a computer?

to seiyuu@ML.usagi.org
from "Mad Mackerel" <mackerel@kawaii.org>
subject Re: DVDs on a computer?
date Wed, 2 Dec 1998 21:28:37 -0000
On 2 Dec 98, Jimmy Chan wrote:

> >Had a quick look at Kikuko's Onee-chan to issho DVD the other
> >day. Must find time to finish watching it...
>
> Sounds like something I'd like.  What's the ordering info on that?  I might
> try it sometime if I ever decide to go DVD.

Pony Canyon PCBP-00058
3500 yen
Zone 2
87 minutes

Scans of the covers at www.kawaii.demon.co.uk/k-dvd/

> I'd like to try out DVD, but heard that you can't watch Japanese and
> American releases on the same machine ( or something like that ).

For normal players, you can get chips like the ones for Playstation.
Computer ones are more complicated, but some combinations of
drive and decoder card (or software) can be persuaded to play any
region. I have the Pioneer SCSI DVD-rom drive, and the Creative
Dxr2 card. There are rumours that newer versions may have the
ability to change zone removed at a hardware level.

Mad Mackerel -Mya!- : Cutes, cels and stuff
mackerel@kawaii.org : http://www.kawaii.org/

Search field Search string

archive list

unauthorized access prohibited