Re: DVDs on a computer?

to seiyuu@ML.usagi.org
from "Mad Mackerel" <mackerel@kawaii.org>
subject Re: DVDs on a computer?
date Wed, 2 Dec 1998 17:48:38 -0000
On 2 Dec 98, Lin Jie Derek wrote:

> |How does one play DVDs on a computer?
> |We just got a P2 400 and I'm dying to see that bonus track on
> |the Hekiru DVD I got months and months ago. ^^;;
>
> Well, first of all your CD-ROM drive has to be able to play DVDs. I'm not
> sure if existing drives can be used to play DVDs by just installing a
> driver, but since your computer is new it most probably came with a DVD-able
> CD-ROM drive.

CD-rom drives can't read DVD, but DVD-rom drives can read CDs.

> Assuming it did, you'll need a program to play it. (duh -_-;;) Maybe Sony's
> HP has one for downloads. Or it could have come with your computer. Or maybe
> Windows' media player can do it. Unfortunately these are only things you can
> _try_. -_-;;;;;

Windows 98 was supposed to ship with a DVD player application,
but it was removed for some reason. There are other software
players, but I'm not aware of any free ones.

I have a hardware decoder card which helps as it allows outputting
to TV.

Had a quick look at Kikuko's Onee-chan to issho DVD the other
day. Must find time to finish watching it...

Some highlights:
* Kikuko driving a Mini around in an open, mostly empty car park
* Driving said Mini into a pay car park where she picked a space in
a corner
* Trying to reverse Mini out of space (long section... ^_^;;)
* Kikuko failing to unlock the door when retreiving Mini
* Kikuko at some temple (Looked like Asakusa?) for a festival
(images on her web page)
* Kikuko at some amusement park

Mad Mackerel -Mya!- : Cutes, cels and stuff
mackerel@kawaii.org : http://www.kawaii.org/

Search field Search string

archive list

unauthorized access prohibited