Re: anime kouhaku

to seiyuu@ML.usagi.org
from Wayde Higuchi <whiguchi@honlab.nmfs.hawaii.edu>
subject Re: anime kouhaku
date Wed, 4 Nov 1998 05:41:07 -1000 (HST)
On Wed, 4 Nov 1998, Joe Petrow wrote:

> Boke is par for the course in singing/acting in Japan.  ELT, Hirosue
> Ryoko, SPEED, Max...

Yes, but have you heard Mochida Kaori speak?  She speaks very slowly in a
moderately low-pitched voice that differs quite a bit from her nicely
melodic singing voice.  And her laughter is really funny!  Unlike Moritaka
Chisato, who seems to fake her boke bit, I'd say that Mochida Kaori is the
real thing!

> Although Shinohara Tomoe is a double eagle.

Another performer that I really dislike!  IMO, she and TM Revolution are
probably the two most irritating performers in the pop music field.

> A few weeks back they had the #8, #3, and #1 songs in the same week!
> And the next week they released another song that debuted at #2.  So I
> guess weak lyrics are no problem to overcome.

I think that TK was pressured into releasing so many songs simultaneous to
attempt to match the success of L'Arc~En~Ciel and GLAY having had three
songs simultaneously in the top 10 earlier in the year.  If you noticed
though, the Globe songs didn't have staying power; the GLAY and L'Arc
songs stayed in the top ten for more than four weeks where the Globe songs
dropped out of the top ten within two weeks.

Wayde Higuchi
whiguchi@honlab.nmfs.hawaii.edu

Search field Search string

archive list