Re: Kouda Mariko 97 - 98 concert tour LD

to seiyuu@ml.usagi.org
from Fuuma Monou <fuuma@skyinet.net>
subject Re: Kouda Mariko 97 - 98 concert tour LD
date Tue, 13 Oct 1998 09:29:04 +0800
At 05:30 PM 10/12/98 -0700, Jim Ramberg wrote:

>According to Joe Petrow:
>>If you already have the LD, what more do you need to know?
>
>Like where it was and when it was held. For one thing;

Shouldn't that be somewhere on the LD jacket?

>I was kind of suprised that she sung better as the
>concert wore on; including costume change.

She was pretty good at Music Voice '97 (is this available on video?), though
she only did about three songs (Happy!^3 and forgot the other two's
titles...).

>>> Jim Ramberg				http://www.csua.berkeley.edu/~ramberg
>>> Favs du jour:Shonen Knife,Okamoto Mayo,Kouda Mariko,Goddess Family Club
>>
>>No more Morning Musume?  Or was Morning Coffee a one-hit wonder in
>>your mind?
>
>I wouldn't call them that per se.  I still listen to them for time
>to time. I did buy the CD though.  If I want girl group right
>now; I will listen to Shonen Knife. The alternative/punk sound
>that they specialize in is one of my favorite types of music.

I'd consider Shonen Knife more of a band than a girl group.  Girl groups are
almost always in pop/dance.

>The more I listen to KM; she comes of as a very interesting
>individual with alot of musical sides that match me in what
>I  like musically (* no punk yet :-) *).  I can only translate

Have to get My Best Friend one of these days...

>about 1/4 of what she says to the fans; but I get the impression
>of a real heart felt fan  appreciation and respect and overall
>honesty.

Honesty.  Of course there's such a thing a too much honesty ^^

>>They've increased to 8 members now!  It's impossible to keep track of
>>them in a music video...

Saw them on Pop Jam on Saturday.  Some were cuter than the others.

Johann Chua         http://www.geocities.com/Tokyo/Flats/9361/
"What does the love of two people matter against the lives of billions?"
"I am selfish. It matters to me."
 		--Kate Pryde and Peter Rasputin, "Days of Future Past"

Search field Search string

archive list

unauthorized access prohibited
MLtools V3.1 Copyright (c) Usagi Labs