Re: Inoue Kikuko's age WAS Re: [Sakamoto Maaya] Kiseki no Umi

to Seiyuu ML <seiyuu@ml.usagi.org>
from Lin Jie Derek <sakursta@singnet.com.sg>
subject Re: Inoue Kikuko's age WAS Re: [Sakamoto Maaya] Kiseki no Umi
date Sat, 05 Sep 1998 01:24:41 +0800
Kevin Lew - 'The Lai-Lai Boy' wrote:

> Okay, obviously everybody must be confused on what the term "base" means.
>
> Yung was absolutely right.  She is using "base 28".

Yah...I noticed the blunder after I hit the send button. I thought Yung-san
meant she was using base28 when she said she was 34 (according to Doi-san's
post). I should try to be more comatose next time when I read mails. I don't
exactly pride myself on my programming skills either. (^_^;;;)

> I'm not sure how you got your system of "3 x 28 + 4".  You take the base
> and multiply it by the number in the column.  Like this:

It's the same. "3 x 28^1 + 4 x 28^0". Simplify it you get 3*28+4. But that's the
DEC value for BASE28 34.

> If you think about it, you can't have a number higher than your base.  So
> you can't have a 6 in a base 4 system.

My point. BASE4 34 doesn't not exist, although if it did it would be DEC 16.

--

|   AMOUR VINCIT OMNIA   |   Love Conquers All     |

Search field Search string

archive list

unauthorized access prohibited
MLtools V3.1 Copyright (c) Usagi Labs