Re: [event] Parler Chiffons V

to seiyuu@ML.usagi.org
from "Kevin Lew - 'The Lai-Lai Boy'" <kasumi@eden.com>
subject Re: [event] Parler Chiffons V
date Tue, 1 Sep 1998 08:34:03 -0500 (CDT)
On Tue, 1 Sep 1998, Hitoshi Doi wrote:

> replying to old posts..
>
> Kevin wrote:
> |
> | I like how they were changing their clothes during the scene change when
> | the lights were dimmed.  I think that it was Kyoko who didn't change fast
> | enough.  (They were wearing the second outfit underneath the first one).
>
> Kyoko was very cute.  She had done strange things with her hair before,
> but this day she looked very cute.

I just want to make sure, is Kyoko the one with the short, straight hair?
Because I thought that she was funny.

> | I'd like to hear a more detailed summary of the actual skit, if possible.
> | I got most of the physical humor, but I'm sure that I missed a ton of the
> | verbal jokes.  The girls were constantly saying something about "Inoue
> | Kikko", like the ship was being piloted by her?  Or what?
>
> I didn't bring my MD recorder that day, so I don't remember it at all.

I think that Jimmy might have a copy.  I don't know if he saved it.

> Did they mention Kikuko's name before the attack?
> I don't remember.

Yes.  Many times.  They were on the holodeck in Hawaii, remember?  The
three girls were lying out there.
   Without understanding Japanese, I can only use my instincts to figure
it out:

One of them started saying something like "Hey, who's driving the ship?!"
   The other said "I thought that you were supposed to do it!!"
   Finally, one of them said something about "Inoue Kikko", and they all
became very relieved.
   Then they all took turns imitating her.  "(something something) Inoue
Kikko..."  "Oi, oi" (speaking in her voice, very slowly).  "(something
something) Inoue Kikko..."  "Hai, hai" (speaking in her voice, very
slowly).  They did this for a bit.  Then they started laughing.
   That's when the ship got attacked and they had to stop the simulation.

> The ship was piloted by the computer (Ohtsuka Akio did the voice).
> Something from the moon attacked them.
> They crash landed on the moon.

(See #1 below...)

> Rabbit appeared and took "care" of them.
> Girls got a message from the computer saying that
> there were man eating rabbits on the moon.
> They got a weapon (mochi pounding machine) to make
> the rabbit pound mochi.  (Rabbit can't resist pounding mochi.)

(See #2 below...)

> While the rabbit was pounding, the girls escaped.

Hey, even I can give more summary than that!  And you know how bad my
Japanese is.

#1:  Kyoko (or whoever was the short-haired one) thought that her
colleagues were all dead.  So she said that she knew what she had to do.
Then she pulled out a shovel...  (^_^;;;)
   But a rabbit appeared and kept waving its wand on the "dead"
colleagues.  Kyoko thought that it was trying to do something bad to them,
so she chased it all over the place with her shovel.

#2:  In the end, they had to use the Super Rabbit Mind-Trap Device to
escape.  Because the rabbit could use powerful weapons, they wouldn't be
able to leave unless it was distracted.
   Didn't you like the Mochi Pounding Song?  I thought that it was at
least as cute as "Tamago no Uta".  I thought that it was better than the
song that Inoue Kikuko sang later, personally.
   Anyway, when they beamed off the planet, they must have went to
someplace very tight, because the girls were huddled together.  Maybe they
beamed into the ship's closet.
   I didn't understand what happened at the end.  The ship's computer gave
an "epilogue".  They either mentioned the rabbit or "Inoue Kikko", and a
spotlight came onto the rabbit (who was still pounding the mochi).  It
said "Oi, oi" very slowly.

As for the talk show, forget it.  I couldn't follow even one topic that
they were saying.  I did figure out that they were talking about her dress
for just a few minutes, but that was it.

--
Kevin "Grouchy Bear" Lew -- #1 Fan of Denko (Tokyo Denryoku): "Jan!"
   kasumi@eden.com (normal) / ra1628@email.sps.mot.com (special)

Search field Search string

archive list

unauthorized access prohibited