cc games@usagi.jrd.dec.com
from David Chan <dtwc.hk@rmail.pbasia.com>
subject Re: Sentimental Night ends
date Fri, 02 Jan 1998 09:56:13 +0800
At 01:21 AM 12-31-97 +0900, Hitoshi Doi wrote:
>Sentimental Night was my favorite radio show.
>At first, I was only listening for a couple of the seiyuu,
>and then I got more interested in SG itself, and the characters,
>and then the other seiyuu.  I like almost all of the SG girls now.

Similarly, the first Sotsugyou attracted me because of Takei
Masaki-sensei's illusts, but the inclusion of two of my favourite seiyuu,
Tsuru Hiromi (Ayukawa Madoka-sama in KOR) and Touma Yumi, maintained my
interest, and I grew to like the other three Sotsugyou seiyuu: Kanamaru
Hinako, Shimakata Junko, and even Hisakawa Aya. ("Death to Nakamoto Shizuka!")

>I guess I better not repeat what I initially thought about the
>6 new seiyuu.. (^_^;)  But now they are the ones that interest
>me the most.

For years, I didn't like the Sotsugyou II chara, because I thought half of
them were punks. In January 1997, after getting and listening to the Voice
Challenger Vol.2 drama CD set based on Sotsugyou II, I grew to like
*ALMOST* all the Sotsugyou Crossworld PBM game chara. (Note: The Sotsugyou
Crossworld PBM game was different from the Sotsugyou Crossworld game for
PlayStation, Sega Saturn, and Windows 95.) Now I even tolerate Tange Sakura
because of her chara in Ojousama Sousamou. The exceptions in my preference
are the Sotsugyou M chara -_-; for apparent reasons, but I happen to like
two of the Sotsugyou M seiyuu/E.M.U members: Midorikawa Hikaru (Heero Yuy
in Gundam W) and Okiayu Ryoutarou (Jinnai in El-Ha and Treize in Gundam W).
BTW, it's from the Voice Challenger drama CD sets that I learnt about the
audition that recruited the six new seiyuu in Senti. About the only reason
that Senti initially attracted me was Hoshino Asuka's school, Seika Girls'
High School, the same school that the Sotsugyou, Sotsugyou II, and Ojousama
Sousamou chara attend. (FYI, the Sotsugyou M chara attend the Seiryuu Boys'
High School, also located in Yokohama, Kanagawa.) Else, I might have
treated Senti as yet another gal game, H or not H, with gals in different
school uniforms, eg, Zenkoku Seifuku Bishoujo Grand Prix: Find Love. ^_-
Later, I may "transfer" my Senti loyalty to: Chie (Derek L taught me how to
distinguish between Chie and Sakura of Sakura Taisen), Honoka (at least
she's not Manami), or Rurika. (But possibly not Akira, Emiru, or Manami.)

*OTAKU ALERT! RUN FOR YOU LIVES!* (On 31 December 1997, I finally spent
half a day (too short, IMO) wandering (incompletely) in the Naka Ward of
Yokohama, beginning at Ishikawa-Chou JR station and ending at Landmark
Tower in Minato Mirai 21 ("MM21") near Sakuragi-Chou JR station. T_T Yes, I
also checked Asuka's "support shop" at Yokohama JR station. More on this
"pilgrimage" later. (Chris L commented if he's to plan such a pilgrimage,
he'll need to go way off to Takamatsu, Kagawa.))

>and there will be a Sotsugyou III radio drama.

I think I'm accepting the idea that one of Sotsugyou III goals is for the
teacher to marry one of the five problem students. I can only hope the
chara designs and the CG artists' skills improve before the game is
released. If just because they are parts of the Sotsugyou series, 9_9; I'll
keep track of Sotsugyou III and Sotsugyou M (game and OVA) info, when able.

>I wonder if I'll fall for the Sotsugyou III seiyuu..

No comment, for now. Can't say I recognise their names when I read them, or
know their other roles.

Don "Gamera" Chan (Hoshino Asuka fan (provisional))

Search field Search string

archive list

unauthorized access prohibited
MLtools V3.1 Copyright (c) Usagi Labs