Re: Ogata Megumi

to seiyuu@usagi.jrd.dec.com
from Joe Petrow <joepet@server.Berkeley.EDU>
subject Re: Ogata Megumi
date Tue, 2 Dec 1997 16:36:05 -0800 (PST)
On Mon, 1 Dec 1997, Ivevei Upatkoon wrote:

> Definitely do Japanese if you can... Many seiyuu are busy (doing what?) and
> I doubt I have translators waiting on hand to translate fan-mail. No matter
> how much they appreciation mail from devoted gaijin fans. ^_^

Actually, I think it depends on the seiyuu.  If you know they have an
interest in English like say, Yokoyama Chisa, then they may actually
appreciate a simple English letter more than a Japanese one.  But don't
start talking about astrophysics with any of them in any language.

from my experiences, you shouldn't expect a seiyuu (or any other Japanese
person, for that matter) to give you special attention just because you
are a foreigner.  Some will, some won't, but you can't control that.  And
I prefer that people don't play the "gaijin card" too strongly.

> >And what's the odd of her replying you, either answering it in a radio
> >show or writing back?  Anyone knows?  Is it worthy writing to a seiyuu?
>
> They'll probably never write back. If you are lucky, as Joe seems to
> eternally be, you might get a New Year's card. If you are even luckier,
> they might send it to the right address (pokes Joe in the ribs ^^).

Yes, I'm so lucky, I've become the first person in our group to actually
have an Anna Miller's waitress come to hate him.  (;_;)

My little sister recently got a postcard from Mariah Carey, only a couple
of weeks after writing her a letter!

Joe Petrow--joepet@server.berkeley.edu--http://server.berkeley.edu/~joepet
/------------\   Kimi ni ageyou  oozora tobu tsubasa wo    /-------------\
|    chi     |    Mou kowakunai ashita he to tobitatou     |  Toyoshima  |
|  Ma   rin  |     Sou kokoro wo jiyuu ni tokihanatou      |   Machiko   |
\------------/Mou nakanaide hitori ja nai da kara nigenaide\-------------/

Search field Search string

archive list

unauthorized access prohibited