Re: Quick notes on tonights event

to seiyuu@usagi.jrd.dec.com
from Joe Petrow <joepet@server.Berkeley.EDU>
subject Re: Quick notes on tonights event
date Sat, 1 Nov 1997 09:51:55 -0800 (PST)
On Sun, 2 Nov 1997, Hitoshi Doi wrote:

> Joe wrote:
> | Since Hitoshi didn't think enough of this event to record it, there
> | probably won't be a report anytime soon.  So I'll just put down a few
> | semi-incoherent notes for now.
>
> I just wanted to take pictures.. we were in such a great position too.
> But no picutes allowed. (;_;)

Security was pretty lax.
I think some "stealth picutes" would have been possible.  (^_^;)

> | This event was held in a night-club like place in the Korakuen amusement
> | complex.  Maybe a couple hundred people watched it (along with a few
> | "normal" people who stumbled in at various time)  Hitoshi and I sat in the
> | front row, but we had to sit on the hard floor, which made me very
> | uncomfortable.
>
> I don't remember being in the front row for an event for a long time..

Looking through the seiyuu archives, you last mention being in the front
row at Aya's Kigurumi Undokai a little over a year ago.  But of course,
even first row seats weren't that great for that event...

> | They had a portion where they played some music, and the first seiyuu who
> | could grab the microphone and correctly sing a portion would win a point
> | for their team.  Machirin never won.  One time she got up and went to the
> | mic, but a swift body check from Rumi knocked her out of the way.  (^_^;)
>
> I think it was Marina's body check..

Really?  I thought it was the bigger Rumi (52kg?) that did this..

> Machiko went flying, then Konomi and Machiko held each other.
> (they did this [holding each other] a few times during the event)

This was nice.  (^_^;)

It was a very good day for neo-lez watching.  Sometimes I felt like
I was watching a live-action version of Megami Paradise.  (^_^;;)

Oh, saw lots of cosplayers today.  I think this was the first time I
ever saw mother and daughter doing Sailor Moon cosplay.
(Mom was Sailor Mercury, little girl was Sailor Chibi Chibi)

> | In losing, Machirin's team won coupons for a free beer.
> | Machirin said she was glad she lost.  (^_^;)
>
> I wonder how much of a drinker Machiko is.. (^_^;)

I'm guessing she couldn't hold a candle to Rumi...

> | Machirin sang a very special version of "Omoide wo Tometa Mamade" just for
> | the people at this event.  Of course, some mean people would say that she
> | simply screwed up the lyrics...(^_^;)
>
> Except for that part, I think she sang it better than at the concert.

I dunno.  Some parts you could barely hear her voice at all.

> | Afterwards we cooled off at Anna Miller's.  I'm falling hard for
> | Mako-chan.  Since when did I become such a fan of boke?
>
> Besides being single tasking, her FIFO cache is very small.

I can barely contain my laughter anymore when I see her!

Joe Petrow--joepet@server.berkeley.edu--http://server.berkeley.edu/~joepet
/------------\   Kimi ni ageyou  oozora tobu tsubasa wo    /-------------\
|    chi     |    Mou kowakunai ashita he to tobitatou     |  Toyoshima  |
|  Ma   rin  |     Sou kokoro wo jiyuu ni tokihanatou      |   Machiko   |
\------------/Mou nakanaide hitori ja nai da kara nigenaide\-------------/

Search field Search string

archive list

unauthorized access prohibited