Re: Machirin's been holding back!

to seiyuu@usagi.jrd.dec.com
from Joe Petrow <joepet@server.Berkeley.EDU>
subject Re: Machirin's been holding back!
date Tue, 30 Sep 1997 17:58:59 -0700 (PDT)
On Wed, 1 Oct 1997, Hitoshi Doi wrote:

> Joe wrote:
> | I just got the new Money Idol Exchanger drama CD today.  Fun listening,
> | especially Machirin's "typical" voice acting as Cherrybaiter.
>
> Joe's going for the "hardcore" stuff..

I think I like this on it's own merits.  Tange Sakura's voice is very
cute, much more genki than the roles she usually plays.  And Debtmizer is
OK too, so long as I forget about the seiyuu that portrays her.

They need to make this into an anime!

> | Speaking of Machirin, the CD insert featured small pictures and bios for
> | all the seiyuu.  For Toyoshima Machiko's special talents are drivers
> | license, piano...and second-level English rating!  At least, I think thats
> | what "eiken 2-kyuu" means.  I'm not sure how good that makes her, but the
> | 2-kyuu for Japanese that I'm studying for is pretty hard, and it's
> | definitely better than the "I can't read it at all!" she said at the Tokyo
> | Game Show.
>
> Maybe she wants to keep it a secret that she can read
> your pages.. and all that stuff you wrote about Aya.. (^_^;)

When I went on stage to get my mirror last spring, she told everyone that
she had seen my home page, but that since it was all in English, she
couldn't read it at all...

She's seen me on Shibuya de Chu, she's read my home pages...guess I can't
start lying to her now.

> | I'll definitely have to put her to the test next time I talk to her...
>
> Reading and listening are two different things..

I think someone on the Machirin ML said a portion of that test was verbal.
I just want to hear her say a sentence to hear what it sounds like.

Every now and then she does that funny thing where she says an English
word in a strange voice ("Daaash!"  "Finalll Liveee!" etc...)

> Also, I don't think anyone mentioned it yet..
> but I got a postcard from Machiko.  (a pre-printed postcard)

But she signed our name and address on the back in her own handwriting.
I sent her a thank-you postcard yesterday (half Japanese, half English)

Joe Petrow--joepet@server.berkeley.edu--http://server.berkeley.edu/~joepet
/------------\   Kimi ni ageyou  oozora tobu tsubasa wo    /-------------\
|    chi     |    Mou kowakunai ashita he to tobitatou     |  Toyoshima  |
|  Ma   rin  |     Sou kokoro wo jiyuu ni tokihanatou      |   Machiko   |
\------------/Mou nakanaide hitori ja nai da kara nigenaide\-------------/

Search field Search string

archive list

unauthorized access prohibited