Re: Megami Paradise Event in Tokyo

to seiyuu@usagi.jrd.dec.com
from voigth@OSHKOSHW.bitnet
subject Re: Megami Paradise Event in Tokyo
date Thu, 06 Jul 1995 20:30:53 -0500 (CDT)
On Tue, 4 Jul 1995, Hitoshi Doi wrote:

> [there's a lot that I forgot..  Howie, do you remember??]

Well I'll just add my comment where I have some.  I think I have a lot of
them though. (^_^)

Before the event:

Well I arrived at the hall at about 9:30 am.  I knew this was the place the
event was at because of a guy holding a Mokona doll and some others holding
Chacha signs.

The crowd in line was not what I expected.  Many of them had longer hair and
were smoking cigarettes.  I don't know why but I expected them to be well...
you know.

I was number 39 in line.

Right at the start of the event, just after I found a seat, I saw a whole
bunch of people run to the back of the auditorium where they had some
Megapara posters set up.  I had to see what was going on so I too ran back.
They were pre-selling copies of the Megami Paradise 2 LD which will come out
it August.  For pre-reserving one you get a special "event only"
signature from Shiratori Yuri included in the LD!!  Of course the 1,000yen
down-payment came out of my pocket in a hurry. :)

Before the talk the mc talked to the audience about pictures and videos, etc.
Then he asked the group if anyone knew Yuri's nick-name.  A guy in the
audience yelled out "Yuri-chan."  The MC told everyone to practice
yelling her name and the whole crowd yelled the name.  After the practice
the audience (myself included) yelled "Yuri-chan" as loud as they could and
she came out from the left side.

At first Yuri was having microphone difficulties.  Her and the MC
switched microphones and then a guy on the right side showed up with a
new on for the MC.  The whole bit was really funny, Yuri couldn't stop
laughing as she tried to speak into the microphone and no sound came out.

> talk by Shiratori Yuri
> ----------------------
> Shiratori Yuri was wearing a long one piece dress, and a hat.  [I think]

The dress was white with very fine brown line on it in a criss-cross pattern.
She was wearing a white beret-type hat, the kind she always wears.  Her bangs
were hanging down in the front and her hair in the back seemed to be a little
longer than recent pictures I'd seen.  Mabye she decided to grow her hair
long again? (^_^)

> There were several Megami Paradise events all over Japan between April
> and June.  There were Akazukin Chacha events along with it.  Yuri had a
> lot of time after the Megami Paradise event, so she went out to do some
> sight seeing by herself.  She liked to go see temples.  When she was in
> Kyuushuu, she just got on a bus to see if she can go all the way to the
> ocean.

After this they started talking about Yuri-chan's favourite food.  She said
it was ramen and then continued to joke about what kind and how sometimes she
will just taste a bit of ramen and she can't help devouring the whole thing.

...after the showing of Megami Paradise 2, Yuri commented that this one is
kind of ecchi.

> talk, quiz by Shiratori Yuri
> ----------------------------
> There were several questions by the audience..  [I forgot. ^_^;;]

I couldn't hear them.  I wanted to ask a question, but I was too slow. =(

> Q: What brand of clothes was Yuri wearing?
> A: [I don't remember the answer.]

I couldn't hear it. =(  The quiz bit with Yuri having *a lot* of fun with
the buzzer was hilarious =D  I was laughing so hard when Yuri would hit the
losing buzzer over and over.  The last two contestents couldn't get ANY
of the questions right.

*===Tonde*Buurin==Akazukin*Cha*Cha==**=Hello*Kitty==Sailor*Moon==Ranma*1/2=*
*           HOWIE VOIGT             **        "Ba Bi Bu Be Buurin!"        *
*         TIGER + SNICKERS          **            -Kokubu Karin            *
*===Rock*Man==Street*Fighter*II=====**=The*Legend*of*Zelda==Ki*Ki*Kai*Kai==*
*    voigth@vaxa.cis.uwosh.edu      **      "Cute Na Pinku No Buurin."     *
*    buurin@athena.athenet.net      **            -Ishida Yoko             *
*==Shiratori*Yuri==Tomizawa*Michie==**=The*Boredoms==Space*Streakings==FNM=*

Search field Search string

archive list

unauthorized access prohibited
MLtools V3.1 Copyright (c) Usagi Labs