Re: Today's events

to seiyuu@usagi.jrd.dec.com
from Joe Petrow <joepet@server.Berkeley.EDU>
subject Re: Today's events
date Sun, 3 Aug 1997 21:28:08 -0700 (PDT)
On Mon, 4 Aug 1997, Hitoshi Doi wrote:

> This was a very good event.. except they took the camera and MD.. (;_;)
> But those who watched from outside were able to record it.

Mine got through, but it died an untimely death.
Yesterday I spent over Y30000 on a new one.  (;_;)

> | The great thing about this was that I was standing in the very
> | center at the back of the event area (very small;  I was only about 20
> | feet away from the seiyuu), which was exactly where they stared when the
> | were singing!  (if I were conceited, I would say they were stareing at
> | me...^_^;)
>
> Only 100 people allowed.

Hitoshi had #81, I had #82.
The guy with #1 (the Machirin ML administrator) waited all night.

I also met Izumi, the world's biggest female Girls Be fan.  She moved to
Tokyo from Okinawa just to be closer to seiyuu events.  But we are still
no match for the biggest Machirin hardcores.

We went to the Tomo concert together when Hitoshi deserted me.  (^_^;)

> | as a seiyuu.  She ripped on Machirin's boke a bit too.  Content-wise, it
>
> Machiko was very cute, and I was considering moving her up..
> but the evening concert kept her out of the top 4.

She was #6 before.  That leaves one position unaccounted for...
Machirin is #1 in our combined ratings!

> | was probably the best Girls Be event yet, and they announced yet another
> | one to take place on August 11th (a Monday, but I have that week off from
> | work.  ^_^)
>
> I think that is Machiko only, not Girls Be.

Possible.  Houko may be doing the db caravan thing around that time...

> | Then this evening was the Sakurai Tomo 10th Anniversary concert.  Even
> | though this was free, they had a lot of room left over (it seemed like
> | they had space for about 10,000 people, and maybe a little more than half
> | that showed up altogehter), and anyone could get in.  Even though I didn't
>
> Enough space to beat Hekiru.. but I think they only got 4 to 5 thousand.

Maybe over 5 thousand.  But they didn't all stay until the end.

> | (who did have one!)  It was a full two hour concert, complete with
> | appearances from Yuuseioujo and Nagasaki Moe, world premiering her new
> | single (I didn't say the show was perfect...)
>
> Moe-chan in a cute yukata, and also a cute ninja outfit
> as one of the background dancers.
> She didn't move much when she sang her own song.

I thought she might have swayed her shoulders a tiny bit...but that may
have just been the wind moving her.

> | What elevated this concert from good to highly memorable was the final
> | song of the encore, and the way she handled it.  "Ai Oboeteimasuka"  After
> | two hours of performing in the oppresive heat, she still pulled off an
> | excellent version of this song, never missing a high spot.  Iijima Mari

It was also great seeing "Tasogare Lonely" live.  But I missed "Actress"

> 7 minute song!

Like I said, it couldn't have been done better.
That alone might be reason enough to pick up the eventual LD release.

> | And another Machirin event tomorrow morning.  The golden age of seiyuu
> | events is upon us!  (^_^)
>
> Going through Machiko withdrawl..

You too?

You send in the postcard for the event on the 11th?
I sent mine in right after the event.  (^_^;)
14th is Kyoto...16th is Nagoya...this will be a rough month.

Joe Petrow--joepet@server.berkeley.edu--http://server.berkeley.edu/~joepet
/------------\   Kimi ni ageyou  oozora tobu tsubasa wo    /-------------\
|    chi     |    Mou kowakunai ashita he to tobitatou     |  Toyoshima  |
|  Ma   rin  |     Sou kokoro wo jiyuu ni tokihanatou      |   Machiko   |
\------------/Mou nakanaide hitori ja nai da kara nigenaide\-------------/

Search field Search string

archive list

unauthorized access prohibited