Blue Seed stuff (was: Re: Today's events)

to seiyuu@usagi.jrd.dec.com
from "Kevin Lew -- 'The Lai-Lai Boy'" <kasumi@eden.com>
subject Blue Seed stuff (was: Re: Today's events)
date Sun, 3 Aug 1997 21:22:39 -0500 (CDT)
> From: ek.sanford@riconnect.com
>
> On Sun, 3 Aug 1997, Jim Ramberg
>
> >Is ADV hyping the series when they say it "shocked japan". ?
> >I haven't seen anything that I have not seen done in other anime.
>
> 	Got me on that one.  I've no idea.

If you ask me, I think that's a bunch of bull.  If Shin-chan can drop his
pants *and* the show is still called a "family program", then they can just
about show anything on Japanese TV.
   I think that most explicit thing that I saw for TV broadcast anime was
Evangelion.  You know, the time when Misato and Kaji were in bed.
Although you couldn't see anything, you'd have to have an I.Q. of below
zero if you didn't know what they were doing.  (I never thought that I'd
hear Mitsuishi Kotono have the lines of: "Ohhh!!  Uhhhh!!")

> >I will say that they are showing Momiji's pantys a bit too much.
> >Decent series otherwise...

I was told that they didn't show the panties too much in the original TV
series.  However, the LD releases "improved" the episodes to satisfy
fans (assumedly).

Let me put in a short diversion:
=====
I do know that TV broadcast episodes and the LD releases don't always
match.  For instance, Saint Tail was toned down in some places (if you
can believe it).
   In the second Saint Tail episode, Meimi gets shot at by the bad guy as
she's floating away from the clock tower.  The bullet is supposed to graze
her face, and pop one of her balloons.  Since Asuka was on the clock
tower, he sees this.  And he saves St. Tail's life by beating up the
crook.
   Now, in the LD release, somebody must have said that this was "too
violent".  So they cut the scene where Saint Tail got "shot".

Now, this is really stupid.  There's a scene where Meimi talks to
Asuka, Jr.  Asuka sees the bandage on Meimi's face.  He thinks, "Wow
that's almost like where Saint Tail got wounded...  Could Meimi
be...?  Oh, there's no way!"
   If you didn't see the original episode, this makes no sense.  Because
Meimi never got shot, there was no wound, etc.  So anybody that watches
the Project Genki fansubs will see the LD version.  Watch it yourself and
see Meimi's magical injury.

Got the fansub?  Keep watching your tape AFTER episode #4.  On the tape
that I have, right after the credits you should get a seiyuu special about
Saint Tail (it's only about five minutes).  It stars Sakurai Tomo and even
has some Inoue Kikuko.  Then again, I have Yutaka's special copy, and
maybe not everybody got it.
=====

> 	That's supposed to be a homage to where the Momiji character orginally
> came from.  It was a soft-core magazine with a character named Pink.  If you
> look at the drawing you'll see it looks exactly like Momiji, and the artist said

> that when he does Momiji he's really using Pink as her character.

I don't know anything about that.  I didn't think that the artist did
those kind of stories.

--
Kevin "Grouchy Bear" Lew -- #1 Fan of Denko (Tokyo Denryoku): "Jan!"
   kasumi@eden.com (normal) / ra1628@email.sps.mot.com (special)

Search field Search string

archive list

unauthorized access prohibited