[events] Girls Be Voice Animage signing (Joe version)

to seiyuu@usagi.jrd.dec.com
from Joe Petrow <joepet@server.Berkeley.EDU>
subject [events] Girls Be Voice Animage signing (Joe version)
date Fri, 1 Aug 1997 06:32:04 -0700 (PDT)
On Fri, 1 Aug 1997, Hitoshi Doi wrote:

> Event
>    Girls Be Voice Animage signing
>
> The Girls Be signing session for Voice Animage volume 15 took place at
> the Shoraku bookstore in Saitama (Kita Yono) on August 1, 1997
> [another weekday event]. Althought it was a Girls Be event, each
> person only got to go up to one of the girls to have the magazine
> signed, and to shake hands with her.

That was a stupid restriction, which just led to less people being able to
see Girls Be, as many people got 2 or more tickets so they could talk with
both.

I originally had the ticket right before Hitoshi's (169), but a member of
the Machirin ML spotted me and practically ordered me to swap with his
#72.  I think the plan was two fold:  one, for people with two tickets
(who probably had consecutive numbers) to be able to space out their
tickets so they'd have time to get back in line and go again, and in
coorperation with the Houko ML people, two pair up twosomes so that
everyone got to talk with the seiyuu they wanted to.

> Kuwashima Houko was sitting on the left and Toyoshima Machiko was
> sitting on the right of the table. The magazines were already
> pre-signed by one of the girls, and the other girl signed the magazine
> in front of you. Everything went by pretty fast, close to 300 people
> in under one hour, so I hardly got a glance at Houko. (^_^;)

I know she had her hair down, and was wearing a very nice dress, but I
couldn't tell you more than that.  (^_^;)

It's a shame that I end up dissing her so much, since I really like her.
But since Machirin's always around her, she ends up getting most of my
attention.

> Machiko said, "Thank you for coming all the time."

Can't remember exactly how she greeted (my MD recorder failed me again.
;_;)  I gave them their present from America, in Miffy bags (Machirin was
happy since it looked like her t-shirt...^_^;)  Inside the bags were
Beanie Baby dolls (apparently very big in America, but I've never heard of
them in Japan)  Houko got the owl ("Hou!  Hou!"  get it?), and Machirin
got the dolphin, which she said looked just like Sandy.

I asked Machirin if she had gotten any sleep, and she laughed and said she
saw me at the Sentimental Graffiti event.  Then she asked me how I could
get so much time off of work...^_^;

When I went to shake her hand, the backpack hanging off my right shoulder
fell on our hands.  Very embarassing!  (^_^;;)  I wished her luck and said
I'd see her tomorrow.  I've now shaken hands with Machirin 7 times in 5
months!

It seemed like she was signing names on some peoples magazines, but I just
got her signature on mine.  Hitoshi?

> Machiko was wearing a green, blue, white (and maybe some other colors
> too) checkered one piece, without sleeves (just straps at the
> shoulders). Maybe she was wearing a black tank top underneath too. She
> had blue clips in her hair.

No sketches?
Going to tomorrow's GB event?
Moving Machirin up to #5?