Subject: Re: The Evolution of (Female) Seiyuu
From: Hitoshi Doi <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 02 Nov 2001 13:47:26 +0900

Joe wrote:
| From what I can tell, this is the general flow of a seiyuu's
| career:

I think it's basically correct.
(don't know about the numbers though)

| Stage 0: Thousands of girls enroll in trade schools to learn the
| business.  80% will drop out, 10% will move on to some other kind
| of "art", and 10% move to Stage 1.

I think it's closer to 1%.

| Stage 2: These are the seiyuu who get their "big break", such as
| a major part in an anime, or their own radio show.  They get
| enough exposure to achieve "name value", and some coverage in the
| seiyuu magazines.  Many will begin a grueling schedule of events
| to get them more known. About half of these girls will fizzle out
| in a year, but the other half may make it to Stage 3.

I think some of the "audition" or big projects try to
jump some of the new "unknown" girls to this stage,
without going through stages 0 and 1.
Then when that project is over, the girls end up going back
to stage 1 (or 0), or if they are very luckly move on to stage 3.

--
Hitoshi Doi (LaLaLu FC #49, Cutie Pai FC #2)              Toshi Nibunnoichi
                           " this space for rent "
http://www.win.ne.jp/~doi/                                    [email-masked]