Subject: Re: The annotated Hitoshi Doi weekend 9/22-9/24
From: Jeanne Hedge <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 29 Sep 2001 10:31:13 -0500

Hitoshi Doi <[email-masked]> wrote:
>Juju wrote:
>| 
>| So you're saying American anime fans are mostly if not all guys?? Since
you 
>| said it's mostly donimated by America=guys fans who went to live in Japan.
>
>It used to be that way (10 - 5 years ago).
>Thing seem to be changing now though..

There's no "seem to be" about it. I invite anyone who has the means and
hasn't been recently to attend a US-based anime con.  These days there are
nearly as many females as males attending (with increasing numbers of
female attendees for several years now), and many kids and families too.

Chalk it up to all the anime as anime (where the broadcasters aren't
disguising it as in the past) on TV these days.

Jeanne

http://www.jhedge.com

CompuServe Anime/Manga Forum - Use your Browser - IT'S FREE!
http://go.compuserve.com/anime