Subject: Re: Ogata Megumi
From: Ivevei Upatkoon <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 01 Dec 1997 22:24:28 +0900

At 02:10 PM 12/1/97 -0500, you wrote:
>Does anyone know if Ogata Megumi knows how to read English well?  Because
>I'm thinking of writing her, but I'm not sure if she likes to read an
>English letter, but I figure she would have some agents to do that for her
>anyway.  If not, I'll try to write something stupid with my limited
>Japanese knowledge (*_* sigh...), i.e. Genki desu ka?  Anata wa todemo
>kakkoii!! erai desu!!   By the way, how do you say "I like your way of
>portraying Shinji in EVA"?

Definitely do Japanese if you can... Many seiyuu are busy (doing what?) and
I doubt I have translators waiting on hand to translate fan-mail. No matter
how much they appreciation mail from devoted gaijin fans. ^_^

>And what's the odd of her replying you, either answering it in a radio
>show or writing back?  Anyone knows?  Is it worthy writing to a seiyuu?

They'll probably never write back. If you are lucky, as Joe seems to
eternally be, you might get a New Year's card. If you are even luckier,
they might send it to the right address (pokes Joe in the ribs ^^).
This also depends on the seiyuu too, of course. I have almost no
experience, so the other guys might be able to be a bit more specific.

-Ive