Re: does Mousse have a chance?

to ranma@usagi.jrd.dec.com
from Shane M Nakasone <snakason@uhunix2.its.Hawaii.Edu>
subject Re: does Mousse have a chance?
date Sun, 1 Oct 1995 15:02:07 -1000

On Sun, 1 Oct 1995, Wei-Hwa Huang wrote:

> Ranma even had trouble the first time he fought Kuno Tatewaki, remember?
> Now it's just *whap* [flies into air]...

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think Ranma had trouble with Kuno
the first time they met.  I seem to remember Ranma dodging Kuno's
attacks, and eventually taking him down with a leg strike that hit Kuno
numerous times.

Besides, isn't Ranma's ability to whack Kuno away nowadays sorta like
Akane's ability to clock Ranma whenever he gets her mad?  It is used to
provide comic relief, not necessarily an indication of how good a martial
artist the person is.  At times, I think Kuno CAN be formidable...like
any other of the martial artists in Ranma 1/2.  Of course, having a
Phoenix on your head helps...

Once again, my two and a half cents.

Shane Nakasone
snakason@hawaii.edu

*Shane-san's silly sig line!*
"Shane-san, what are they all fighting over?"
"Something very important!"
"So what is it?"
"It's over...um...urk...I...forget..."

Search field Search string