[ranma:96174] Re: Did Viz ever finish Ranma 1/2 manga, and some random thoughts

to <ranma@usagi.org>
from "Relic" <relic1980@ameritech.net>
subject [ranma:96174] Re: Did Viz ever finish Ranma 1/2 manga, and some random thoughts
date Wed, 2 Jun 2004 17:45:03 -0400
----- Original Message -----
To: <ranma@usagi.org>
Sent: Wednesday, June 02, 2004 5:52 AM
Subject: [ranma:96172] Did Viz ever finish Ranma 1/2 manga, and some random
thoughts

> This thing still alive?  Was curious if Ranma 1/2 manga was ever
> finished translated, or at least continued to?

I believe that it is at volume 26 (tankobon vol. 28) or near that; the last
volume I got
was volume 24. While I like the idea of putting the book out in paperback
format,
it is daunting to try and get all the books you want at 7-9.99 (or more) a
pop.
Since I do have the tankobon set of Ranma, I have lately just picked up
Evangelion,
Excel Saga (I hope it can stay sharp since Carl Horn has joined Dark Horse;
the
translation notes (by Dan Kanemitsu) were sorely missed in volume 6, and
this volume
(with the Ge Ge Ge no Kitaro reference, among others) could have used them),
Azumanga Daioh (a fun book, even if the translation was, IMO, more than a
little off
the mark). Now, I am indulging in another fantasy here, but I dearly wish
that they could start Urusei Yatsura in this format. But that is likely a
no-go.
They ARE going to start reprinting the Mermaid books, however, so...

As usual, this is The Relic, from the outer fringes of the Reality that is
the Ranma ML...
(been awhile since I typed that byline...possibly have a bit less free time
(got promoted
to a department head), but OTOH, will definitely have more money for
books...^_^)

Visit The Home Of The Relic!
http://clik.to/relic
Anime Images, FS/FT Lists and also
The Infamous Briefcase Fulla Rant!
This Week's Rant:Memorial Day!

> Don
> "If you need a hand, just ask for my help.  Promise me, Shirou, that you
> must never allow anyone but I to kill you..."
> Ilya, Heaven's Feel's Arc

Search field Search string

archive list

unauthorized access prohibited