Re: Akane and love (spoilers)

to <ranma@usagi.org>
from "Pierre Bancov" <banc2a01@uni-trier.de>
subject Re: Akane and love (spoilers)
date Mon, 8 Mar 2004 15:40:16 +0100
First post in over a year?

Unexpectedly wrote Don Wang:

> It goes without saying
> Akane is *clumsy* in love, and that is fine for a while, but for the 7
> years or so of time that the series portray?

*Buuuzzz!*

Wrong answer. Coming from you of all people!

The series was drawn over 9 years, but it features an unknown amount of
time, ranging between 1 to 2 years.

Why so little? Because if the series did feature 7 years, Ranma and Akane
would be done with college in the last volume. However, we do know that they
walk to Fuurinkan together on the very last panel. The oldest they can be is
senior high schoolers -> 18.

Takahashi just doesn't think about Time in the series. So Akane isn't stuck
"several years" in her denials.

> How many times does she need to
> be 'in love but can't say it' before it gets boring, if not just stupid?

In the last volume again, she is in love but doesn't need to say to it. She
already agreed to the wedding and wears the dress out of her own free will.

>     Of course, it's not like Ranma is exactly blameless.  I talked to my
> roommate in high school and he says that their relationship would be
> classified as 'falling in love' but not 'love', and it is rather
> childish, since their relationship never progressed to love, minus a few
> select moment.

Love being the goal of the series, they're not supposed to achieve it.

>     I write Ranma 1/2 fanfiction, and I find myself increasingly unable
> to write Akane in a love relationship.

As you noticed, we never see Akane in a love relationship, only "falling in
love". If you want to write such Ranma fanfiction, you have to create that
part of Akane. If you don't have the guts or the imagination to do so, stop
writing Ranma fanfics where Akane is in love, period.

Really, Don, one would think you're 14 or something.

>     On another note, my friend recommended me Fate/Stay Night for a game

Dlded it, will play the tryout version.
The poster looks soooo ripped off Suikoden 2, though. ;)

    Pierre

Search field Search string

archive list

unauthorized access prohibited