Re: New anime to see?

to <ranma@usagi.org>
from "Relic" <relic1980@ameritech.net>
subject Re: New anime to see?
date Thu, 22 Jan 2004 02:07:08 -0500
----- Original Message -----
To: <ranma@usagi.org>
Sent: Thursday, January 22, 2004 1:36 AM
Subject: New anime to see?

> -------------------------------1074753371
>
> I am done with Ranma 1/2 and Into Inu-yasha.
>
> But I need to find a new anime to watch any suggestions?

Well, if you haven't watched Maison Ikkoku, that's always well-recommended
(IMO, not quite as good as the manga, but better than about 90% of anything
else out there).
Urusei Yatsura, excellent (tho' like Maison, not all of it has been released
here in anime form).
Kimagure Orange Road, again very good (romantic comedy with a touch of the
ol' supernatural
thrown in for good measure). I am currently buying Abenobashi Mahou
Shotengai (Translated
by ADV as Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi); Gainax craziness which in
most eps,
lampoons a particular genre (pay special attention to eps 11 (War movies)
and 12 (Hollywood),
when they arrive here). Very good viewing.
Excel Saga is another good view, hyper to the extreme (tho' like
Takahashi-sensei's stuff, I
lean toward the manga), tho' if you don't like ecchi stuff, don't watch ep.
26. (plays like South
Park the Movie in the area of doing what one couldn't get by with on
TV....).
I could go on, but it's gettin' late and I got to get to work
tomorrow....ol' Relic's gotta have his
shut-eye...^_^

As usual, this is The Relic, from the outer fringes of the Reality that is
the
Ranma ML....( and am going to Ohayocon Sunday to look around)

Search field Search string

archive list

unauthorized access prohibited
MLtools V3.1 Copyright (c) Usagi Labs