Re: Multi-Reply #2

to ranma@ml.usagi.org
from Joshua Kaufman <terraepon@cinci.rr.com>
subject Re: Multi-Reply #2
date Thu, 25 Sep 2003 17:46:46 -0400
At 09:51 AM 9/25/2003 -0700, you wrote:

>--- Melissa Richardson <kagome_hime@charter.net>
>wrote:
> > Cologne; I seriously don't think Shampoo would
> > attempt even half of her get
> > Ranma plans if she didn't have Cologne helping her
> > arrange them all.
>
>Ahh... that's too true.  Cologne is basically the
>brains of all Shampoo's operations... Never thought
>about it before... but Shampoo IS the biggest airhead
>ever...

What an utterly, totally UNTRUE statement.

Yes, she can't speak Japanese very well (she speaks better in the original
than in the dub, though, and in the manga even better I'm led to believe).
However, language skills are totally unrelated to intelligence. You really
think Mousse is so smart because he can speak Japanese perfectly?
Shampoo is really shown at pretty smart at times, but more relevant to the
above she does NOT use Cologne's help in most of her "operations". In fact,
when she used the hypnotic mushrooms Cologne specifically warned her
against using them. And the instant Nannichuan was her idea alone as well.
Not to mention the anime-only Red String, which she bought from a vendor by
herself. The only plan that Cologne gets involved in after the Cat's Tongue
(which was ALL Cologne, Shampoo even wanted to help Ranma curse it) was was
in the reversal jewel episode -- and that was more taking advantage of the
opportunity.
I really suggest you read this page:
http://derekloffin.anifics.com/shampoo.htm , which has far more comments on
the issue than I can come up with.