RE: New member?

to <ranma@ml.usagi.org>
from "Victor Margraf" <Otaku4Urd@attbi.com>
subject RE: New member?
date Tue, 16 Sep 2003 18:45:24 -0500
Add me to the list of people who hopes this ML stays up for a long time.
I'm not a newbie here but I'm not really a veteran either. I've been a
member of this list for a while now but more in a lurker mode since I
don't really have anything to add other than the occasional question.

Since I can't read the original Japanese tankobons and can't afford to
buy my videos/DVDs/books new, I have get what I can off Ebay when I can
afford it. Well I have built up a decent collection and have lucked into
some nifty items on occasion (book & photo each signed by RT herself),
as a general rule, I'm about 2-3 years behind the latest releases. I
figure that just about everyone who posts to this list has about 10x the
Ranma knowledge that I do. As such, I'm content to just sit and
eavesdrop about story arcs, seiyu and more. However, if anyone ever
posts a question that I actually might know the answer to, I'll help out
as best I can.

Vic

-----Original Message-----
> From: hiroshin [mailto:hiroshnken@juno.com]
Sent: Tuesday, September 16, 2003 6:17 PM
To: ranma@ml.usagi.org
Subject: New member?

-- Twiddlesticks123@aol.com wrote:
[HI! im a new groupie for Ranma 1/2  I just joined, and I havent gotten
any
mail except for yours, which totally like sux because Ranma is the bomb,
and
it deserves groupies like me! So, um.... yeh keep the mail list up up
up!

Twiddlin stix...
Ranryo-chan Kami Count D]

     Wow! up until now, everyone that posted was a veteran of the list.
All
voicing their concerns that Ranma 1/2 really doens't do that much for
them,
anymore...

     While I would have to agree with that, personally, I still feel
that
this place should still be somewhat active.  You posting kinda proves
that
there are still some people out there who have the 'passion' for Ranma
1/2
that us veterans used to have, but no longer do.

     While Ranma 1/2 DOES still hold a special place in our hearts,
there are
just too many other anime out there to watch!  Right now, I can't really
say
that I have a "favorite" since I like all anime pretty much the same.

     This place needs more people like Twiddlin Stix...  Before the
summer
there were some new members, but we haven't heard from any of them, yet.

     If you want to talk about Ranma and you don't hear any of usa
saying
anything, just go ahead and post it, Twiddle Stix!  Hopefully some more
new
members will come back out of the void, here... ::sweatdrop::

--- hiroshin (hiroshnken@juno.com / hiroshin-ken@juno.com)
[AOL IM: hiroshnken || Yahoo IM: hiroshnken || ICQ UIN: 6482966]

Search field Search string

archive list

unauthorized access prohibited
MLtools V3.1 Copyright (c) Usagi Labs