Re: Anime Central?

to ranma@ml.usagi.org
from Albert Lunde <Albert-Lunde@northwestern.edu>
subject Re: Anime Central?
date Sun, 2 Mar 2003 08:41:20 -0600
On Sat, Mar 01, 2003 at 04:26:32AM -0600, Melissa Richardson wrote:
> Can you give me some info on ACen?  When exactly is it?  I do have like a
> week or two between my spring classes and my summer class in May, so I don't
> think I would really have much of a problem schedule wise.  How much is it?
> The money issue is what I'm most worried about, if tickets cost too much, I
> might not be able to save up.  I'm guessing it is in Chicago, but do you
> know an exact place?  I'm sure by now the hotel it is in is probably booked,
> but I'd like to look for a nearby hotel if I can.  Now, well, I've never
> been to a convention before, so, assuming I can afford it and all, how do I
> go about getting tickets?  Also, is there anything else I should know about
> ACen or cons in general?  I'd really appreciate any help you can give me,
> thank you.

See www.acen.org $40 pregistration until April 15

It's at the Hyatt in Rosemont, out near O'hare Airport, and close
to the Rosemont/River Road stop on the Blue Line CTA train line.

Last I looked the hotel was not full but they warned rooms were
going fast.

I'd advise you to preregister - at-the-con registration lines
are long; just picking up stuff when preregistered takes long enough.

--
    Albert Lunde          Albert-Lunde@northwestern.edu (new address)
                          Albert-Lunde@nwu.edu (old address)

Search field Search string