Re: Ranma-Chan and Parents

to ranma@ml.usagi.org
from RJeffD@aol.com
subject Re: Ranma-Chan and Parents
date Sun, 2 Feb 2003 04:01:24 EST

In a message dated 2/2/2003 12:24:47 AM Mountain Standard Time,
Wizard3576@aol.com writes:

> In a message dated 2/1/2003 9:58:28 PM Central Standard Time,
> Relic1980@ameritech.net writes:
>

> >It came the next day, on the steps in front of the church. The boy
> >met me there and told me that his mom told him to stay away from me,
> >that I was a "bad influence." I was a little upset by this, him being a
> >friend and all, but if I had gave my ground simply because of what
> >his mother thought was right, then I would have been the aforementioned
> >image, with no soul of my own. And how could one respect someone else's
> >image?
>
> bloody christians
>
> Wiz

Hey... I'm a Christian, and I like Ranma (although not nearly as much as I
used to)

Although Relic does mention Falwell in his response, keep in mind that he's
not COMPLETELY screwed in the head (although he is a bit extreme at times
IMHO)  I believe he means well, and it's probably better to have some moral
ground, than to have none at all... (for instance, the ACLU does have in
their agenda to remove laws regarding stautory rape of ANY age because they
say it infringes on the right of the individual to make their own personal
decisions regarding sex.)  It's not discussed often however and quickly
defeated because it means that it would mean that 9 year old children could
consent to having sex with full grown adults.  They also want to kill the
laws surrounding child pornography in this country.

As far as stereotypes go though.... saying that all Christians are bad is as
saying that all anime is porn, or that all animation is for children.  It's
not true, and you may be surprised to know that there are a few other
Chirstians I know who also like anime.

Ron Duncan
President - Residents of the Wired anime club

Proud supporter of breaking up all of Takahashi's great relationships - just
so I can take all the ladies for myself... ^_^ (and maybe a couple of
Tenchi's ladies too hehehe...)

Looking for Anime Character goods?  Clearfiles, shitajiki or Lami cards?
Check out <A HREF="http://www.usanime.net">http://www.usanime.net</A>

Search field Search string

archive list

unauthorized access prohibited