Re: giving anime a chance

to ranma@ml.usagi.org
from Joshua Kaufman <terraepon@fuse.net>
subject Re: giving anime a chance
date Sat, 01 Feb 2003 17:14:07 -0500
At 06:23 PM 2/1/2003 +0000, you wrote:
>.. on Sat, 1 Feb 2003, Laura-sama writes:
>========
>about my last reply...my mom is an ultra conservative, and i made her watch
>the kid stuff, and i made her watch all the fantastic stuff...but she says
>that the animation is horrible, and that i should be doing something better
>with my time.
>
>========
>
>      NANI!!??!!?   The animation is HORRIBLE!?????  What the heck is _she_
>thinking???  Now I know that at times Japanese animation can seem quite
>childish, but even if I weren't biased I don't think I'd ever say that the
>animation was horrible.

Sometimes it's bad....but certainly not worse than almost anything in the
US. And stuff like Miyazaki movies, the Utena and AMS movies, GITS, Perfect
Blue, etc. are all better than any US features outside of Disney (and maybe
Dreamworks). It's not like The Simpsons is the greatest animation either...

-Joshua

Search field Search string

archive list

unauthorized access prohibited