Re: Ranma-Chan and Parents

to <ranma@ml.usagi.org>
from "Melissa Richardson" <kagome_hime@charter.net>
subject Re: Ranma-Chan and Parents
date Sat, 1 Feb 2003 12:22:15 -0600
------=_NextPart_000_0019_01C2C9EC.8E5E3A40
	charset="iso-8859-1"

Yeah, my parents used to be really understanding about the whole thing.
They even bought me a couple of Ranma tapes for Christmas one year.
They
would tease me about it, but no one really made a big deal about it.  I
guess they just thought that it was something I would grow out of.
Well,
five years later and I still love anime.  Now they are a little less
understanding (of course, I'm 19 now so they don't really tell me what
do, but they really don't like anime), especially with me being much
more
open minded and getting into all sorts of different anime and beginning
show a real interest in Japanese society.  My dad hasn't really changed
much, but my mother always tells me how stupid everything is.  I remind
her
that just because she doesn't like/understand/agree with something that
doesn't make it stupid.  She insists that it does... *sweatdrop*  Still,
my
family problems with anime are pretty minor since they didn't really
start
to get worried about it until I was too old for them to tell me I can't
watch it if I want to.  I really hope that everyone else's family
problems
work out (if you have any); and, always know that you are not alone,
most
all people who love anime have to deal with the same problem.  And
Relic, I
just want to say that you were very lucky to have such an understanding
mother.  I love my parents and always want to please them, but I have to
be
myself.  It's great that you were able to be who you are and she was so
open-minded and understanding about it.  I'm so sorry for your lose.

--kagome-hime