Re: International Channel -- wish I could get it.

to ranma@ml.usagi.org
from RJeffD@aol.com
subject Re: International Channel -- wish I could get it.
date Fri, 3 Jan 2003 21:50:06 EST

In a message dated 1/3/2003 2:11:04 PM Mountain Standard Time,
hiroshin-ken@juno.com writes:

> .. On Thu, 02 Jan 2003 18:17:05(EST) JRLC66 writes:
> ------
> INTERNATIONAL CHANNEL ARE RUNNING
> SOUL HUNTER MONDAY dub uncut
> FUSHIGI YUGI TUESDAY dub uncut
> EL-HAZERD WEDNESDAY dub uncut
> SLAYERS FRIDAY dub
> DRAGON BALL GT SUNDAY japanese uncut
> ------
>
>    Cool!  Now only if I could get the International Channel...
>
>    I didn't know there _was_ a cut version of Fushigi Yuugi...  I'm not
> sure which version I saw of it, now (cut or uncut.)  Watching Slayers
> dubbed... hrmmm... It just ain't the same, ne??
>

>    DB-GT can be really confusing even if you _have_ watched all of the
> original DragonBall and DBZ.  At least, it seemed that way to me.

well... umm... if you saw Fushigi Yuugi on any reg TV, I imagine then that it
might have been cut (not that I was aware that it WAS ever edited for TV)  If
you saw it on VHS or DVD, it's just as uncut as they were showing it to begin
with.  As far as the rest is concerned, I never was a big fan of any of those
dubs to begin with, so it's no big deal to me.  As far as DB-GT (keep in mind
I never cared for any of the Dragon Ball series at all) the reason it is
different is (from my understanding) that Toriyama got tired of the DB
altogether, but because of the higher ratings, the animators/producers
decided to go on without him.

Search field Search string

archive list

unauthorized access prohibited