Re: funny anime

to ranma@ml.usagi.org
from RJeffD@aol.com
subject Re: funny anime
date Thu, 2 Jan 2003 14:46:48 EST

In a message dated 1/2/2003 12:27:35 PM Mountain Standard Time,
hiroshin-ken@juno.com writes:

> No news on who is going to be picking up Azumanga Daioh, huh?  these
> days it seems to be either Pioneer or ADV Films picking everything up for
> US
> release.

Never forget Viz...  and the random stuff picked up by Meida Blasters, Synch
Point, Funimation,  Right Stuf.  ^_^;

>    I've only seen the first few episodes, myself, as well...  I definitely
> is very funny, from what I've seen, but how far does that go into the
> series?

It's funny through and through... very faithful to the manga from what I'm
aware of.

>    Take Trigun for reference.  If you've only seen the first few episodes,
> it's hilarious, but after the first few episodes the comedy factor drops
> more
> than a little.

That's because it's supposed to be are serious series with comedic elements
to it...  much like City Hunter... ^_^;

>    All that said, it reminds us not to "judge" an anime by its first few
> episodes.  What may come afterwards may be quite different from what you
> first saw.

Very true... that's why I usually try to see the first 8 episodes of a series
before deciding most of the time... although some I like right off and it
stays that way ^_^;

Search field Search string

archive list

unauthorized access prohibited