Re: Question about Episode Orders

to ranma@ML.usagi.org
from Joshua Kaufman <terraepon@fuse.net>
subject Re: Question about Episode Orders
date Thu, 12 Dec 2002 17:15:10 -0500
At 10:03 AM 12/12/2002 -0800, you wrote:
>Most likely this question had been asked before, but
>I'm asking anyway... I'm watching Ranma over again...
>and since I never watched two seasons in a row, I
>never noticed this.  But Shampoo comes BEFORE P-chan
>and the whole ice skating competition right? But when
>Shampoo enters, Akane has a flashback of when Ranma
>says, "Akane is MY fiancee!"... Maybe my episodes are
>out of order, but I'm pretty sure their not... So was
>there a slight mistake when the Anime was put
>together?

As another post said, they released them out of order, because Shampoo was
popular. Note that this was in Japan, so there really WAS only 18 episodes
in the first "season" (and note there's no reference to that arc in the
recap episode, 18).
Interestingly, and I'm still not positive it's actually the case, a number
of sources I've read say that Viz in fact released season 2 out of order
(season 1 was correct though) -- and that the Golden Pair episodes were
actually 7-9 of that season (I think). A couple other order differences too.

-Joshua

Search field Search string

archive list

unauthorized access prohibited