MORE Martial Arts, when are we getting back to Anime?

to ranma@ML.usagi.org
from LWong <wonganan@yahoo.com>
subject MORE Martial Arts, when are we getting back to Anime?
date Sun, 3 Nov 2002 21:53:58 -0800 (PST)
--- Dog Bert <dogbert500@yahoo.com> wrote:
> I wonder what percentage of our mailing list does
> martial arts, and which kinds...It'd be kinda
> interesting if we could do some sort of poll (not on
> the ML, it'd be too confusing).

I was wondering the same thing...

<snip> Plus, when i was taking my driver's
> training course, I learned that like the 3rd or 4th
> most common road rage weapon is a SWORD....!??!?
> That's kinda scary if you ask me.

O.o?!?!?!?! WHOA... what are the other road rage
weapons? They never told me that in MY class!

> The Art of War...good book, but it's kind of hard to
> read. That's probably why I forgot what's in
> it..ehehe. Also, I've probably already said this,
> but
> the Book of Five Rings is excellent, too.

The Art of War... I've seen that book around... I
should read it, shouldn't I?

> I personally don't like using weapons, though.

I know, it's best to rely on hands and feet, but
weapons are so darn cool! :P

> OK, here's the 411 (that how the saying works?"):

Yes, yes it is.  And don't mind me, I'm just replying
to everything here.

> Name: Wetnose
> Age: 15.5
> Sex: Male
> Height: 5'6"
> Martial arts currently somewhat practicing/looking
> at:
> Taekwondo, Tung Soo Do, Jujitsu, Wing Chun, Tai Chi,
> overall wushu (for fitness), Jeet Kune Do

I've basically given out MY 411 except height... I'm
5'... yes, not a typo, I'm just short.  Hrm, I've had
a few lessons in Tai Chi, but I'm basically a beginner
in South Shaolin, and my friend is teaching me bits of
Konbatan.

> Any of you have this little problem when sparring? I
> always seem to never be able to get past someone's
> defense. When you do, they just turn around and kick
> you somewhere. It's like your opponent is always too
> fast or something. Arrgh....

According to my SiFu, you gotta attack as fast as you
can w/o hesitating and that you can never win by just
defending... so basically, I guess don't give your
opponent any time to act.

Leona
"Power to the short people!"

Search field Search string