Re: Ramblings of crusty ol' vets...

to ranma@ml.usagi.org
from UKYO2RANMA@aol.com
subject Re: Ramblings of crusty ol' vets...
date Tue, 01 Oct 2002 20:27:43 -0400
In a message dated Mon, 30 Sep 2002 2:46:56 PM Eastern Standard Time,
hiroshin-ken@juno.com writes:

> ---------- U2R and FriTz converse:
>
> <Nah... no needs ta fight. And I seriously doubt I have any active members
on

> here either. *chuckles*>
>

>     Active members of what, FriTz?

exactly hiroshin exactly

> <*GASP* Oh wow... I remember the gates! I was never in charge of one or
owned

> one but I was involved in a decent amount of it.>
>

>     I think the gates made up most of the factions... I mean look at it,
> Just about everyone wanted to be affiliated with a gate...  I think the
gates

> originated even before my time (i.e. when I first subbed), and that was back
> in '95 or '96.  Middle '90s that's all I know...

yeah the gates were big back then
lots of people manning them
then the wars came
the colors happened
and clones crawled through the land of ml
damn i miss those days sometimes^_^

> <<anyone remember the treefort?>>
> <ACK! Yes!>
>
>     ::hangs head low:: Hai, hai... I remember it... I was a major part of
> that one...

we all were hiroshin and it was fun no matter how crazy the ml posts got
i kinda enjoyed 50 posts per ml mailing

> <<or the clone wars?>>
> <*LOL* Most definitely!>
>
>     Clone wars?  I think I re... ::nods head:: Yep... yep, I do remember
it...

lots of clone parts were left on the field when the gates shut their doors,....

> <<or poor poor atomized mecha?>>
> <*snicker* Yuppers!>
>
>     Poor, poor, atomized mecha... ::sniff, sniff::

damn that anti-rp-rp-gun...sniff

> <<the anti-rp-rp gun?>>
> <*shakes head* Silly thing... but yes!>
>
>     How can I forget... I was the main one targeted with the blasted thing...

yup you and my mecha and various clones and i beleive the front door of one
of the gates that hated kodachi if i remember correctly.

then after the wars it was used to vaporize a few newbies who failed to halt
their treasonous posting habits^_^

> <<Aoi?>>
> <Ah yes... who could forget the one such as he.>
>
>     Ah yes... the WIELDER of the anti-rp-gun...

and the wielder of the disembodied arm ^_^

> <That would be Walski (and his Weapons Warehouse- WWW)>
>
>     Hey, how is Walski, anyway?

havent talked to walski in years i'm afriad..

>     I keep in touch with her between two to three times a month.  I have her
> real addy. She rarely checks e-mail, these days.  She still isn't doing too
> great, but she's a fighter, no matter how much she denies it...  The fact
> that she's still around is proof of that.

thats good cause she had so much talent for art and was such a great
personality on the ml, few people ever stayed nuetral in debates but she
always had the ability to see both sides and was always willing to listen.

>     I'll let her know that you everyone still loves her around here.  Among
> all us crusty ol' vets, she'll always have a special place in our hearts

hey thats cool, its still sad that she had to leave our crazy land.

> <<hey remember aoi's dismembered arm?>>
> <Yup! I had it for a little while. =n.n>
>
>      ... And I was always getting hit with it!

well someone had to be hit with it^_^

> <YE GODS! I feel so old now...>
>
>      Don't feel so bad, I've felt that way for quite a
> while...
>

> ---i am... hiroshin-ken!!!

thats cause we are old
but thats ok
just means we have more wisdom and can bitch more about stuff^_^

U2R
coleader of the WoS
Second gen EOE and damn proud of it
keeper of the sacred spatula