Replies

to ranma@ML.usagi.org
from Dr_Facer <dr_facer@yahoo.com>
subject Replies
date Mon, 16 Sep 2002 20:21:45 -0700 (PDT)
--0-158098102-1032232905=:65110

Pooky Chan wrote:

>I would consider them part of a martial artists family, but not really
>practicing artists.  I see it as the samurai class; all families of
>samurai were considered part of the class, and it was class you were born
into.

>Since Nabiki and Kasumi were born into this class, I guess they could
>be considered part of the school.

Interesting. I didn't know that thing about samurai families. Wow! It's true
that you can learn something new everyday!

And I agree with you in that Nabiki and Kasumi can be considered part of the
school because they were born into it.

>I would consider it the strongest becase, as the title says, it
>involved anything.  Other schools have something to focus on, but the
Anything >Goes school doesn't have to have a particular focus. They don't
narrow their field >that way, and can open themselves to all different types
of strong attacks.

True. and also lots of dodging skills too, as Genma would call them I
suppose, Saotome secret technique anyone?

----------

HaPpOhAnZ wrote:

>To think I thought (^^;;) YOU were dead and buried!!! Hey El Doctor!
>How's it hangin'?

I can't complain my friend, things are good! And I hope all's well for you too!
>Yeah, check out your old haunt at La Conferencia

I will go visit La Conferencia sometime this week, I'm curious to see what
crazy stuff is going on around there.

>>1.- Can you tell how many users of the anything goes martial arts are
>>presented to us in the Ranma manga?

>Naw... Tho' maybe Ryoga could count after being trained by Genma in
>that one episode...

Oh yeah, that anime episode. I had forgot about it. what it was all the
problem there? I think it involved Ranma eating Genma's food? Waht I remember
was that by the end, Akane eats Ranma's food and he goes mad. That was fun to
watch. Or maybe I'm wrong with what I'm saying? I don't remember the anime
that well.

Anyway that makes me think about Ryoga, I don't remember him ever mention the
school he belongs to. I don't think he belongs to any at all. Does that make
him a student of his OWN anything goes style? Well, is Ryoga a weird martial
artist or what?

>HEY!!!! Do you think crying on demand is something that can be done out of
the >box????? Disrespectul wench! The Art of producing hundreds of liters of
water >without instant dehydration is hard, and long the path to its
learning... ^_^

Hehehe, yeah, I forgot that! It cracks me down every time! and Let's not
forget that 'head goes big and takes monster shape' thing Soun does all too
often.

>the live-action Go-board ep, where Nabs shows off some leg while laying the
Go->board style Master low. As for Kasumi... Whoa...? <Anybody? ^^;;;;;

Wait! I can't remember that episode! Was it censored or something? In which
season it is?

And Kasumi, well maybe she practices the...hmmm....'How not to get angry ever
no matter what happens' branch of his dad's school?

----------
Rakhal writes:
>Well, my site is still doing it's 2 weekly updates, and I have no
>shortage of fics to put in them, the last update had 42 fics new or
>updated.
42 fics! Well that's something. I have to admit that I haven't visited your
site in quite some time Rakhal, last time I was there was like six or five
months ago I believe. I was checking to see what was the status on 'Hearts of
ice' and I ended up reading 'Genma's daughter' instead, that's a good story
you know, Debbie Goldsmith did really a good job in turning Ranma into a true
girl, hell, I even made a couple of fanarts for her. Very well then, I'll go
check some of the new fics later, thanks Rakhal!

-------
Akane san:
>5. yeah... but look at the name, Anything Goes, you can do anything to
>beat your opponent, it doesn't matter what it is as long as you beat them.
Although >comeing from a Martial Artist myself some of the things they do can
be very insane >at times. hehe ^_^

Hey Akane san! You do martial arts? What do you study/studied? Karate? tae
kwon do? I bet there's other members who would like to know! I think there
are some who also practice martial arts, but I'm not sure if they're still
around...

--
Dr Facer.
Who is excited by two upcoming Sega games: Shinobi and Gungrave.

Search field Search string

archive list

unauthorized access prohibited
MLtools V3.1 Copyright (c) Usagi Labs