Re:Ed Cho on BGC

to <ranma@ML.usagi.org>
from "Ron" <ron@netset.com>
subject Re:Ed Cho on BGC
date Thu, 4 Oct 2001 04:06:49 -0400
> From: Ed Cho <echo484@juno.com>

> So wait, I'm still confused. Is the remake called BGC Tokyo 2040? What's
> the original called, then? I always thought 2040 WAS the original.

The first 8 ep OAV series, simply called Bubblegum Crisis,
came out between 1987 and 1989 (or 90), and took place around the year 2032.
The story was created by Toshimichi Suzuki and character designs/mecha were
designed by Ken-ichi Sonoda. Easily gotten thru' VHS by Animeigo (stay far
away from the dub, tho'. Blows bad.) or on DVD (much better).
Sonoyan quit doing character designs for the series after ep.4.
Bubblegum Crash was a 3 OAV followup to the original 8 ep series,
and while it isn't the worst way to spend viewing time, it isn't nearly
as good as the original. 2 Music video collections (Hurricane Live!
2032 and 2033) are in the 4 DVD set of the original 8.
A side story featuring the AD Police was done (3 OAVs),
somewhat darker and grittier in tone, with character designs by
Tony Takezaki (he of The Scientific Affection of Professor Kishiwada fame).
Animeigo put these out as well in the US. I recall hearing of a newer TV
series featuring
the AD Police as well.

As usual, this is The Relic, from the outer fringes of the Reality
that is the Ranma ML....

Visit The New Home Of The Relic!
http://www.angelfire.com/anime2/homeoftherelic/index.htm
The Briefcase Fulla Rant (Updated every Wednesday)
http://www.angelfire.com/anime2/homeoftherelic/page_1.htm
And the Redirect link (Popup killer should be used for the link)
http://relic.globalredirect.com/index.html
Anime Images! Fansub Trading! Comics/Manga FS/FT
And of course, The Briefcase Fulla Rant! Check it out!

Search field Search string

archive list

unauthorized access prohibited
MLtools V3.1 Copyright (c) Usagi Labs