Re:Shinobu, Roderick

to <ranma@ML.usagi.org>
from "Ron" <ron@netset.com>
subject Re:Shinobu, Roderick
date Tue, 11 Sep 2001 14:35:02 -0400
> From: Shinobu <shinobi9000@yahoo.com>

> Hey ML'ers!!
>
> I wanted to post my condolences to those who lost
> their lives in the terrorist attacks on America.
>
> I was in New York on Sunday, and everything looked so
> peaceful... I had no idea that anything could ever
> happen like this!! :(
>
> My prayers to all affected,
>
> Andre.

> From: "Roderick Swee" <gradius@cyberway.com.sg>
>

> Hi all,
>
>     been watching the news for the past few hours.
>
>     Condolences to all affected in this tragedy and I hope that all of you
> in the States are alright.
>
> Roderick

Here too. I am on vacation, so I was in bed asleep when my sister woke me
up and told me to turn on the TV. I am now listening to the radio...
Even tho' I feared that it was only a matter of time before such a thing
would happen on US soil, I am still stunned by the magnitude of the attacks
(several stations have been repeatedly showing the second plane slamming
into
the tower). I am afraid that the madness that gripped the nation in the wake
of the hostage-takings in 1979 in Iran, the invasion of Kuwait and more
recently,
the domestic attack on the Murrau (sic) Federal Building will begin again,
where
people started attacking or harrassing Islamic believers. I have two guys
down the street from me, who are totally worried over this, even tho' they
come
from India and are Hindi. I pray for both the victims, direct and indirect
of this
heinous action, but I also pray that, even in the face of this unspeakable
tragedy,
calmer heads will prevail, and that we go after those who are responsible,
not
those who are innocent of this crime. We must not let prejudice rule our
hearts.

Search field Search string

archive list

unauthorized access prohibited