Re:Don

to ranma@ML.usagi.org
from Ronald Spillman <ron@netset.com>
subject Re:Don
date Thu, 09 Aug 2001 22:40:07 -0400

> From: "Don Wang" <dwang@hmc.edu>
>

>     I'm pretty sure Hitomi was never on the ML, and if he was here, this was
> not the place where the fallout occurred.

I don't recall any attacks on Hitomi on the Ranma ML (as I noted in an
earlier followup). Hitomi was a member, tho' (I have a list on Japanese culture
Hitomi did from very early 1997 that I used to have on my ancient Freenet
account; I will have to find that if I didn't lose it with my last reinstall of
Windows....o_O. It was similar in scope to that Gilles Poitras did with his
older rec.arts.anime columns before he did his first book (and a good book it
is, too, I might add ^_<).

>     It's not.  The fanfic authors never commanded any real power in this ML
> at least ever since I was on (96?  When did Ranma manga end again?).

I remember Kevin Lew, tho' at the time he was seemingly obsessed with
the Three Norn Witches ^_^. As for when Ranma ended, that was in Shonen
Sunday 8 (week)/1996 (according to the final page in tankobon 38);
remember Chris Rijk was doing synopses of the stories from the weeklies he
bought from his local store. Cardwell used to have a page devoted to them
at his Ranma site. I still have a stack of synopses/translations I printed
up from various sites during late 1995-mid 1996. I had them on an old
hard drive from my ancient 286 (I started printing the ones from the ML
with my even older Commodore 64!). Man I feel old...but then, I am The Relic
^_^.

As usual, this is The Relic, from the outer fringes of the Reality
that is the Ranma ML.....

Search field Search string

archive list

unauthorized access prohibited