Re:Brad Lay

to ranma@ML.usagi.org
from Ronald Spillman <ron@netset.com>
subject Re:Brad Lay
date Tue, 03 Jul 2001 23:47:42 -0400

> From: "Brad Lay" <squall_talon@hotmail.com>
> . while I'm whating
> for the next season of ranma to
> come out does anybody know a good
> anime that I can start collecting
> while I what?

Well, you can't go wrong with Urusei Yatsura, Maison Ikkoku or
Kimagure Orange Road (at least in my opinion...).
Urusei Yatsura and Maison Ikkoku are both series by Ranma 1/2
creator Takahashi Rumiko; the anime on both are available here in the
US, but neither are finished (Urusei Yatsura, a romantic comedy
and a very good one, has VHS tapes for the TV series (vol. 1-25,
which would translate to TV eps 1-100 (using the 1/2 hour per show
ratio)), Movies (1-6), and OAVs (6 tapes). This has begun to be released
on DVD as well. It is available from Animeigo (http://www.animeigo.com).
There are 196 TV eps total, so they still have a way to go.
Movie 2 was released by USManga Corps/Central Park Media.
Maison Ikkoku is a romantic comedy/drama that is currently being
released by Viz in tape format (not sure of the DVD, tho'.). They are,
last I heard, about halfway done. (96 eps total, + 2 OAVs and both an animated
and live movie)
Kimagure Orange Road is a romatic comedy/drama (gee, I must be in a rut ^_^)
that lasted 48 TV eps, 8 OAVs (released here on 4 tapes), and 2 movies.
The TV series and OAVS, as well as the 1st movie was released by Animeigo,
and the final movie was released by ADVision.
If you want a good quickie, Kishin Heidan (Alien Defender Geo Armor) was just
released on DVD (got mine yesterday); the 2 DVD set for 34.99 (mine was 26.99
at Buy.com). A very good "alternate WWII" story.
This is just off the top of my head (thank goodness I'm off work tomorrow,
so I can get some sleep ^_^).

As usual, this is The Relic, from the outer fringes of the
Reality that is the Ranma ML....

Search field Search string

archive list

unauthorized access prohibited