ranma ML 1 hour matome okuri

to ranma@ml.usagi.org
from Rlagrandeur2003@aol.com
subject ranma ML 1 hour matome okuri
date Sun, 17 Jun 2001 22:51:57 EDT

Tony "Ranma Saotome" wrote:

> Hey guys, I thought I'd post to this coupling thing, seeing as how I haven't
> posted in awhile. Now, I personally think that Kuno and Nabs would make an
> interesting couple. Not a great one, mind you, a relationship needs more
> than
> what they would have.
>
> They WOULD make an interesting couple, but they're not, and they won't be
> in the future. Kuno is not the type that devotes his affection to one girl.
> Nabiki hasn't shown any form of jealousy or distaste for his girl-crazed
> emotions, and always use it as a great way to make money. Other than the
> influence of supernatural forces, these two has never shown affection for
> each other. If you're thinking of the episode where Kuno believes that
> Nabiki is his destined love, in the end, he also chose the PTG and Akane as
> well. He's not crazy for her, he's just girl crazy. I don't see love in
> there, does anyone? Making a relationship more complicated than it really
> is doesn't mean that they're meant for each other. In this case, what you
> see is what you get.

Now, I also wanted to make a comment about Shoryu's
> comment about the anime not being valid. In some cases, I agree. But for the
> most part, the Anime is just as valid as the manga. I've read the manga and
> am currently watching the anime. I find both of them to be valid
> representaions of miss Takahashi's vision.

Not really. In the manga, Ryoga not only has fallen for Akane, but for Akari
as well. This gives him more choices than just the usual Ukyo/Ryoga pair than
in the Anime. In the end of the manga, it shows that Ryoga has accepted Akane
as Ranma's, then begins to look for Akari. Akari is completely absent from
the anime, which makes Ryoga a more pathetic character than he really is.

> the other is simply one's opinion.

To say that the anime is just as valid as the manga is also your opinion. And
I liked to say that the manga started before the anime, was created by the
Takahashi, and had more character devolopment than the anime. Neglecting the
influence on Konatsu and Akari on Ukyo's and Ryoga's lives made these
characters lonelier than they appear to be in the anime. Also, the anime was
NOT created by Takahashi, it was an interpretation of her work.
Interpretations are not valid representations of someone else's original
work. That should be obvious.

Anyway, that's my take on it.
Bobby ("Shippou-chan")

Search field Search string