Re: Ebichu and Gainax

to ranma@ML.usagi.org
from Donny Cheng <chengdo@home.com>
subject Re: Ebichu and Gainax
date Fri, 01 Jun 2001 09:54:29 -0600

ami@ML.usagi.org wrote:

> Unfortunately, the quality of Gainax has gone far into the ground and they
> have done somethings just to make money (anybody see Ebichu) - it's some of
> the absolute worst animation I've ever seen.  They did a wonderful job with

Bad animation doesn't signify bad anime and think Ebichu is one of
their best works.  Also FLCL is fairly current and it's animation is
spectacular, so I wouldn't say Gainax is done yet :P

> KareKano, but again I heard that they went far over budget... and it's no
> surprise if you look at the last couple of episodes

You mean all the recaps, the still scenes, and the sketch scenes?  :P

Didn't help that Anno (say what you will about him) was let go before
he could finish the series like he wanted to do.  I honestly liked the
middle parts of karekano before the lack of any new animation and
story killed it for me.

--
Anime Fanboy and Fanfiction Writer ^_^
Homepage: http://www.geocities.com/Tokyo/Ginza/4537