Interlude

to Ranma 1/2 ML <ranma@ML.usagi.org>
from Shouryunus Sarcasticii <jnohe@NMSU.Edu>
subject Interlude
date Mon, 9 Apr 2001 23:15:27 -0600 (MDT)
> The Subjects are:
>   "Essex The Great
>   "Ukyo Kuonji" <i  My fanfic

Oh, you all know this will be fun.  But I will keep it brief.  I promise.

Essex:
> I just finsihed the first chapter of a fanfic I'm writing, and I'm
> wondering if there's anyone out there who would proofread it for me!

Welcome to the ML, good Essex.  Do yourself a service and read the FAQ -
the address is listed on the subscription page as well as at the bottom of
every Matome Okuri (including this one).  We hope you dig life here (as
mundane and/or bizarre as it gets).

And now contestant No. 2...
> From: "Ukyo Kuonji" <i_hate_akane@hotmail.com>

Nani?  I thought Hotmail was one of the few email servers not allowed???
Had this policy changed without my knowing?  *GASP!*

Hitoshi, you old softie.  Finally letting the Microsoft chumps in, huh?
*smirks*

Moving on...I shall have to use the address, as we know how I feel about
using a character's unaltered name as your own....

> I just finished the first chapter of my new fanfic, and I'm posting it up to
> get some C&C. Let me know what you think, ok?

I think you should read the FAQ.  In fact, that shouldn't even be
necessary, as you broke a rule that was on the friggin' SUBSCRIPTION
page...and not only that, you broke the VERY FIRST RULE listed on the
subscription page.  Tsk tsk tsk.

(You know, you get all giddy thinking that people who sign up for mailing
lists at least know how to READ - it's sort of a necessary skill. *sigh*)

You have posted fanfiction.  Personally, I don't care how you feel about
Akane (although I question your opinion on the quality of the series and
her presence...how much of the manga have you read, might I ask?) ... all
that matters is that you have posted fanfiction.  That's THE No-No of
No-No's...Hell, I think that rule might even predate the piracy support
rule.  So, don't misunderstand my disappointment for enemy fandom (I'm a
Nabiki fan only, actually).

What I must do, I must do.  I_hate_akane@hotmail.com (I'm still trying to
get over that Hotmail thing), you get a bop on the head.

*Shour rears back to heft his pillow...and releases, winging
I_hate_akane@hotmail.com with a pillowcase containing a 440 Big Block from
a 1969 Dodge Charger R/T*

Now, please read the FAQ.  But just to be gracious in some respect, I'll
offer my critique anyways.  In future reference, you are best advised to
post your fic to a webpage, or link it for download...There are plenty of
major fanfic lovers on the list (sans myself and Don...*smirk*) who spend
more time reading fics than reading for their classes.  You'll get plenty
of feedback.

> (Essex The Great Is the trademark of Essex Corporation. All rights reserved)

Ah...so you are the person from before...that explains the Hotmail thing.
I think.

> And Ranma and Akane were having a fight. A perfectly ordinary day.

(This point is actually the subject of many past debates...there is
reason to believe that maybe they don't fight all THAT much...just only
when we're watching...minor point, and easily dismissed, since 99% of all
fanfics revolve around Ranma/Akane conflicts...I'm just nitpicking.)

> "Ugly Gorilla! Uncute Tomboy!"

Thank you thank you THANK YOU for not falling into the oh so typical trap
of mixing Japanese and English.  Half the fics I've casually skimmed use
Kawaiikune and Baka...in the midst of english.  It's so cheeseball, and I
must say, it's so much more respectable to keep a single consistent
language.  Kudos to you.

> terror. Akane then said two simple words, the only ones that came to mind,
> which suited the situation perfectly.
>
> "Oh.....my......"

And I suppose she'll be growing her hair out and becoming a good cook
next? *smirk*

(Of course, there's no rule that says ONLY Kasumi can say that, but
sometimes it seems that way, doesn't it?)

Okay...I've posted for April...on to graduation!

J. Shouryu Nohe
http://web.nmsu.edu/~jnohe
Professor of SarCaSM102, New Mexico State Univ.
"Never put passion before principle.  Even when win, you lose."
						-Miyagi-san, KKpt.II

Search field Search string

archive list

unauthorized access prohibited